Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Weddings rings

(68 Posts)
PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Feb-18 13:50:49

If you went for a ring that wasn’t just a plain band, why and please show me! We’ve had a few engagement ring threads but I don’t think a wedding ring one.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sun 18-Feb-18 13:54:24

I'm not showing mine online because it's incredibly outing.

You should go and try on some that fit around your engagement ring. What looks nice with a tiffany set isn't necessarily what looks nice with an emerald cut vintage engagement ring.

xLeanne128 Sun 18-Feb-18 13:56:54

I didn't want anything much as it would take away from my engagement ring. Mine is a simple white gold band which curves and fits around my diamond on engagement ring perfectly. Similar to picture I've uploaded. You can get diamonds in them too. Just depends what you want x

MagicFajita Sun 18-Feb-18 13:57:02

I won't post a picture but we have bespoke wooden wedding rings with a thin band of pearl inlay running through the centre.

Not to everyone's taste , but we love them and they are very comfortable to wear.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Feb-18 13:58:13

Good point Troll.

My engagement ring was chosen specifically so a ring would fit next to it, I didn’t want to have a shaped ring to fit around it. But I’m considering a ring with diamond or possibly patterned (engagement ring is simple solitaire) and Just interested in othe peoples choices.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Feb-18 13:58:36

That sounds lovely Magic I think I can picture what you mean.

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 18-Feb-18 13:59:38

I think it really depends on what engagement ring you've got and what's your style - simplicity can look gorgeous but so can a load of diamonds if it's not too 'bling'!

Mine was a platinum solitaire engagement ring and the band was platinum with channel set diamonds halfway round.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Feb-18 14:01:16

Holly I think that’s what I’m thinking, but not sure if a diamond set wedding ring will look too busy next to quite a simple engagement ring

timeisnotaline Sun 18-Feb-18 14:06:03

Alternating diamond and rubies inset to the band. I like it. It is not showing well in photo and my hand looks like an old lady’s blush

MagicFajita Sun 18-Feb-18 14:14:01

It's really interesting to see what others have picked for their wedding band.

Great thread @Paperdollcartoon .

I think finding a ring that fits with your engagement ring is really difficult. I didn't enjoy wearing my engagement ring (as beautiful as it is) because jewellery makes me feel uncomfortable in general , so choosing a wedding band was a little easier for me.

I hope you find something that works op.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Feb-18 14:15:42

That’s lovely Timeisnotaline goes really nicely with your engagement ring. And your hands don’t look old!

Pinkywoo Sun 18-Feb-18 14:23:44

@ time I was just thinking wow your hands look exactly the same as mine (Friends hand twin!) then read your comment, better break out the hand cream! smile

timeisnotaline Sun 18-Feb-18 14:57:19

pinky now I feel rude! It could just be me, I’m mid 30s and 6 months preg and feel like everything looks old at the moment!

timeisnotaline Sun 18-Feb-18 14:57:48

Hand twin grin

Pinkywoo Sun 18-Feb-18 15:13:43

I found it hilarious don't worry! My younger sister told me "urgh your hands look like mum's" the other day (I'm also mid 30's) so that was worse!

IllBeAtTheBarIfYouNeedMe Sun 18-Feb-18 15:22:27

I’m getting married later this year and this is mine. It’s ceramic and rose gold.

Hopefully I would have sorted out my terribly dry claws hands by then

PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Feb-18 16:47:34

That’s lovely Illbeatthebar what made you choose it?

PaperdollCartoon Tue 20-Feb-18 08:28:31

Bumping in the hope of seeing more wedding rings!

lilypadrose Tue 20-Feb-18 08:51:01

I chose it because it's very thin and dainty and goes well with engagement ring.

PaperdollCartoon Tue 20-Feb-18 11:09:47

That’s lovely LilyPad

mowglik Tue 20-Feb-18 11:12:51

Mine is a thin full eternity similar to the one posted by Lilypad. The band is the same as the one on my engagement ring so they look very nice together

Miserablemouse Tue 20-Feb-18 11:13:26

Can’t show mine as it’s outig but it’s a very narrow gold band with a floral engraved pattern. I bought it in an antique shop on a whim as it fit perfectly.

If you’re after something like that London Victorian ring company make beautiful ones but they’re quite dear xx

MamaLupine Tue 20-Feb-18 11:14:46

IllBeAtTheBar that ring is very similar to my husband's latest one. He's on his 3rd (or 4th, not sure) now as he's lost the others angry.

DreamingofItaly Tue 20-Feb-18 11:18:20

This is mine. Never thought I'd go for wiggly one but it fits and compliments my engagement ring perfectly!

KanyeWesticle Tue 20-Feb-18 11:27:48

We took silversmithing courses and made our own wedding rings. They are plain bands but textured.

Since we got married, I wear my engagement ring on my right middle finger. No worries about anything fitting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: