Advanced search

Recommendations for your favourite "throw on with jeans" type tops

(9 Posts)
Elledorado Sat 17-Feb-18 08:53:00

I'm after some ideas for tops which I can throw on in the morning to wear with jeans. I'm in a bit of a rut - I have loads of stripey/breton tops - but need some inspiration for something a bit different or more stylish. Any tips or links appreciated!

RooKangaroo Sat 17-Feb-18 19:20:09

FancyNewBeesly Sat 17-Feb-18 19:21:53

I really like the Seasalt Mill Pool dress - looks nice as a tunic over skinny jeans or jeggings, and if you have better legs than me will be nice with sandals in the summer!

peachypetite Sat 17-Feb-18 19:23:13

Oasis and warehouse do good basic tops.

quirkychick Sat 17-Feb-18 19:29:19

I think it might depend on the style of jeans. For instance, a longer, looser top with more fitted or skinnies, but a more fitted top with slouched or wide-legged jeans.

I have a slubby ls American Vintage top in charcoal grey, v neck, looks good with most jeans and layers under a jumper, too. Soft chambray or cotton shirt, so casual rather than starched. Drapey, jersey tops either long or short sleeved.

Callamia Sat 17-Feb-18 19:33:56

I’ve got a toast jumper that I love for this. It’s thin knit and brown. It sounds awful doesn’t it? But it’s slim fitting, matches my hair and looks super cute with blue jeans.

I also like waffle-knit jumpers, and have an old topshop one on navy blue.

Have a look at arket for lovely plain thin knits - including long-line cardigans.

stoplickingthetelly Sat 17-Feb-18 21:29:35

How about a shirt for a change? Loads of them around at the moment and would go through into spring nicely.

Elledorado Sat 17-Feb-18 23:07:01

I find shirts a bit of a faff if they ironing though. I suppose I'm a bit lazy grin

I hadn't thought of looking in arket. Was there anything specific in warehouse or oasis peach? I saw a stripey tie bottom top I like - but once again, it's stripey!

quirkychick Sun 18-Feb-18 08:17:32

Uniqlo do lots of good, reasonable jumpers too. I have a few extra fine merino ones and sweatshirt style cotton cashmere one, looking forward to spring and hopefully warmer weather.

One of my shirts is super thin cotton and I can pretty much get away with hanging it up to dry. Looks good under a jumper too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now