Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Would you say these look like leggings?

(11 Posts)
Cellardoor23 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:04:37

Trouser link

My work has a no leggings, jeggings policy. Smart dark trousers or skirt only.

Problem is, I can't find trousers to fit properly. I'm a size 16, 5'3 with wide hips and a big bum. I prefer trousers with a bit of stretch around these areas and my tummy, plus high(ish) waisted.

Would you say they look like leggings? I bought them today and in the mirror they look fine. Not see-through, comfortable and fit the criteria of what I was looking for.

Would you say they were ok? If not, anyone have any advice of where else to look?

PinkAvocado Wed 14-Feb-18 21:06:13

I wouldn’t. They’re too structured to be leggings I think.

LtGreggs Wed 14-Feb-18 21:07:31

I'd say they are smart dark trousers, not leggings. Can't think there will be complaint, esp if you dress them up & smart, rather than casual. Have you a plan of what to wear with them?

Shinygoldbauble Wed 14-Feb-18 21:08:13

I wear those type - I am almost exactly the same size and height as you and i find them very flattering.
I think the heavier fabric and seams make them more trouser like but if your work is quite strict I'm not sure they'll suit.
What would you wear over them?

MagicFajita Wed 14-Feb-18 21:09:24

They look like smart trousers.

myusernameisnotmyusername Wed 14-Feb-18 21:09:30

They don't look like leggings to me.

Cellardoor23 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:11:53

Thank you. I was getting a bit paranoid! As they fit like leggings, all over stretch material.

I would wear them with a blouse/shirt. Similar to the photo of the model in the picture.

LemonysSnicket Wed 14-Feb-18 21:18:41

I wear ‘treggings’ in my smart workplace. They look smart and better fitted than un-tailored trousers

Catkins0877 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:22:18

Def not leggingssmileyou'll be fine

halfwitpicker Wed 14-Feb-18 21:25:48

They look good.

Cellardoor23 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:57:42

Thanks again. I sometimes don't understand the definition of what leggings are when I see the odd thread on here. So I'm just going to say, if anyone is looking for comfortable trousers, I would highly recommend those grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: