Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Workwear capsule

(6 Posts)
Greylilypad Wed 14-Feb-18 20:54:51

Going back to work soon after mat leave and would really like a total workwear wardrobe refresh. Was thinking capsule would be the way to go as don't have a limitless budget and need to get lots of wear out of the clothes I buy!
Can anyone recommend a good blog or instagram fashion advice type thing for workwear??

Rollypoly100 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:02:41

Have a look at Putting Me Together on Pinterest. Sorry don't know how to link. She has lots of great ideas though I think the site is US which isn't a problem, it's still pretty inspiring.

Rollypoly100 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:06:23

https://www.facebook.com/PuttingMeTogether/
Hope this works.

Greylilypad Thu 15-Feb-18 18:57:31

Thanks Roly, good place to start!

peachypetite Sat 17-Feb-18 19:30:00

Honestly I think dresses are the easiest thing for work/

CountFosco Sat 17-Feb-18 20:28:25

onthespike has capsule posts although they are generally quite casual. She's quite sensible about the need to lighten what you are wearing with crazy pieces though.

For work I think you need sufficient for a 2 week rotation so need 2 or 3 pairs of shoes, 4-6 bottoms, that may include 2 dresses, and 8+ tops (depends how many dresses you have). Set a colour scheme and stick to it, about 50% of my work wardrobe is navy but I also have quite a bit of grey and black and red and a few nude tops and some colourful dresses. But the grey goes with both the black and the navy. Red goes with navy and black. Nude tops go with grey and black.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: