Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Smoothing down grey frizz plz

(11 Posts)
Restawhile Wed 14-Feb-18 19:45:06

I’m at an inbetween stage. Have a strong silver streak coming at the front of my parting, shortish bob style. No grey at the back yet so am having a one colour white blonde put through in streaks every 14 weeks to merge grey and the natural brown together ?

But I am finding the grey hair is coarser and I am left with a very frizzy parting unless I use straighteners and even that doesn’t give a smooth finish.

Any recommendations to help smooth the frizz down please?

wheresmyphone Wed 14-Feb-18 19:48:34

No advice re frizz but L’oreal Cover up spray: comes in a green aerosol. From Boots etc around £8. is your friend. I can cover up a centre parting for 4 weeks between colours. Miracle stuff. Gets a kicking on MN but if you are going grey and have a centre parting it’s fantastic!

AnaViaSalamanca Wed 14-Feb-18 19:58:57

my mother swears by this www.superdrug.com/OGX/OGX-Argan-Oil-of-Morocco-Weightless-Dry-Oil-118ml/p/877157?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhrqHtpim2QIV6QrTCh3lkgvuEAQYASABEgJz4vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPislrmYptkCFSei7QodPTIEgw

Restawhile Wed 14-Feb-18 19:59:02

Thank you * I am trying to allow the grey merge and mix with my natural colour and blend with the blonde highlights atm, rather than cover the grey. But I have used those sprays, I totally agree they do a fab job between colourings if you want to cover the grey !

Restawhile Wed 14-Feb-18 20:01:11

Thanks Ana
I will have a look at that, great price too!

Paintbox Wed 14-Feb-18 20:12:16

I wish I knew the answer op, I do the sam as you with colour. My hair was so smooth and silky in the past but it now with and frizzy. I hate the texture change more than the colour change. I don’t understand it either, as I see posters in grey hair threads saying how lovely and soft and in great condition their hair is since going grey. Mine is just frizzy

Aridane Wed 14-Feb-18 20:27:15

The Brazilian keratin blow dry will banish your wiry greys i

Restawhile Wed 14-Feb-18 20:29:57

Pesky grey hairs!! I am happy and willing to embrace them if they would only lie flat!

Are those blow drys expensive Aridane?

Restawhile Wed 14-Feb-18 20:38:31

Just googled it, locally for me it’s £99 for 100 days smoothness.

Restawhile Wed 14-Feb-18 20:40:05

Think I will try with the Argan oil first.

Aridane Wed 14-Feb-18 20:42:45

Groupon will do them from £39 - £59

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: