Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Moisturising in the morning

(5 Posts)
Mickeysgloves Wed 14-Feb-18 19:35:35

I have realised that I have got into the habit when I shower at night, of taking my makeup off, showering, moisturising and then in the morning just putting my make up back on without putting any daytime moisturiser on.

Those of you that shower the night before or don't shower every day what is your morning skincare routine? Do you cleanse your face again having done it the night before?

Pomeranio9834 Wed 14-Feb-18 19:42:20

I don't moisturise in the morning because i use mineral foundation so it would just slide off and clump! I just goniver my face with a cotton pad and misceller water in the morning.

Night time showerer face scrubber and moisturiser here!

arousingcheer Wed 14-Feb-18 23:58:53

Thinking about it I think I re-cleanse before makeup, but possibly not if I'm just applying skincare (maybe hot damp flannel first depending on how dry my skin is). I don't think I'd just put makeup on, it wouldn't look nice and smooth, but if you're getting away with it more power to you. Whenever I try to cut corners I usually end up spending more time patching up, but then again I'm ancient and perhaps you're young and dewy.

LadyLapsang Thu 15-Feb-18 00:21:50

Yes, I cleanse, serum, moisturise, base, foundation etc. in the morning. Before bed, cleanse, night cream or night oil.

HeartOfSass Thu 15-Feb-18 07:27:09

I wash face morning and night. Put might time cream in for night, an spf moisturiser for day. I let it sink in whilst I do kids breakfasts etc then put primer and makeup
on. I couldn’t do without moisturiser, my skin would feel tight without it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: