Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Need foundation recommendations please

(11 Posts)
loopylou6 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:50:37

I want one so good that looks like I'm using a filter grin
I pale skin and I'm really dark under the eyes.
I went to the Estee Lauder counter and had my colour matched etc, but I wasn't very impressed with the product.
So what's really good? Price isn't too much of an issue.

StarShapedWindow Wed 14-Feb-18 17:14:11

I have just bought Clinique ‘even better glow’ after getting a tester and being impressed with the coverage.

Viviene Wed 14-Feb-18 17:35:49

Estée Lauder for me so cannot help you there ;)

Try MAC if you have one nearby.

HunterHearstHelmsley Wed 14-Feb-18 17:36:50

Always Estee Lauder! Which one did you have?

NickMyLipple Wed 14-Feb-18 17:38:29

I use bare minerals and I always feel like my skin is airbrushed. I absolutely love it but it's worth going for a free trial - it doesn't suit some skin types.

loopylou6 Wed 14-Feb-18 18:04:59

Thanks for replies smile

It was the double one or something sounding like that lol

jacobsgirl Wed 14-Feb-18 18:23:27

What kind of coverage suits your needs?

I'd suggest Kat Von D for your paleness as they have a good range of cooler tones and if you're looking for filter like results it's perfect as the coverage is like a mask

But some folk don't like a heavy foundation

HunterHearstHelmsley Wed 14-Feb-18 19:05:23

Hmm. I'm pale and I use double wear. It's the one I've got back to for about 15 years. I'd recommend Bobbie Brown. Bare Minerals have a good choice of colours but I've always found that it never lasts well.

Cristiane Wed 14-Feb-18 19:38:26

I have been using the Hourglass stick for three weeks now. Incredible. Lasts all day, looks gorgeous on the skin. Got the brush to enable application: tiny amount of foundation needed. Best I have ever used

positivepineapple Wed 14-Feb-18 19:45:37

Nars- all day luminous weightless is amazing 👌🏻

mumzuki Wed 14-Feb-18 19:47:40

I use the Liz Earle foundation, which is fine, but with By Terry Touche Veloute, which is fabulous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: