Talk

Advanced search

BF-friendly dress for wedding... any ideas?

(7 Posts)
pomadas87 Wed 14-Feb-18 08:40:13

I'm going to a (quite smart) wedding in a couple of weeks and it's an all day do. I'm BF my 10 week old DD too and looking for a lovely dress to make my saggy post-partum body look vaguely okay!!

I'm thinking a draped wrap dress for easy access for feeding may work, but would need to be long-sleeved to cover the popeye-style biceps I have developed...
I looked at Asos for specific Nursingn dresses but they're all weirdly maternity/nursing so have loads of excess material at the front and are pretty frumpy confused

Has anyone seen anything fabulous that could work for me? I'm roughly size 12 at the moment and have pale skin/auburn hair. Tend to look best in green or jewel colours.

WeeM Wed 14-Feb-18 10:38:56

Could you go for a skirt and top instead? I always loved the method of wearing a vest top underneath (size up) and then my top over the top...pull vest top down and other top up and tummy all still covered. A nice flary dressy skirt or something?

WeeM Wed 14-Feb-18 10:40:39

Like this kind of idea:
www.elsiesattic.co.uk/product/peach-rose-blue-midi-skirt/

pomadas87 Wed 14-Feb-18 10:42:44

Thanks - yes good idea although I'd prefer a dress tbh as it's simpler and my waist is non-existent at the moment so thought a dress might be more slimming?
I love the Issa Kate dress shape but perhaps a less clingy fabric

pomadas87 Wed 14-Feb-18 10:43:28

That skirt is gorgeous though!

Foggymist Wed 14-Feb-18 10:49:20

Just go for a normal wrap dress, there's not a lot available specifically for breastfeeding. Debenhams, Oasis, etc. H&M do nice bf stuff but can be hit and miss, sometimes all very casual.

lulu12345 Wed 14-Feb-18 10:52:08

Seraphine are good for these sort of dresses, although a bit pricey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now