Talk

Advanced search

One bajillion skin tags

(21 Posts)
AnonEvent Tue 13-Feb-18 23:50:18

When I was pregnant with DD I suddenly grew at least 30 tiny skin tags on my neck (it’s too depressing to count them), all but two or three of them are really weeny, they just look like little dots, but if you touch them you can feel their gross tagginess (certainly too small to try to remove by tying dental floss around them, or whatever it is people recommend).

Have you ever dealt with similar? I’m happy to spend some money on the problem, but I don’t want to spend thousands.

BinkyandBunty Wed 14-Feb-18 04:46:31

My GP froze mine while I was seeing him for something else. Took just a couple of seconds for each. They dried up and dropped off after a few days.

AdiosPeaceOfRoast Wed 14-Feb-18 04:54:38

Might be worth getting tested for diabetes.

jellybeanlover Wed 14-Feb-18 08:10:46

I paid £75 recently to have about 30 skin tags removed using laser treatment at a local beauticians. They develop a scab then disappear within 5 days, I am really pleased.

AnonEvent Wed 14-Feb-18 08:33:41

I mentioned it in passing to my GP when o was seeing him about something else, he pooh-pooed it a bit, and mumbled something about the NHS not doing that anymore.

@Adios, I had the gestational diabetes test due to my age, and bloods were fine, maybe worth doing again (though I don’t exhibit any of the symptoms of being diabetic, I DO wat too much sugar).

AnonEvent Wed 14-Feb-18 08:33:53

*eat

AnonEvent Wed 14-Feb-18 08:34:57

That’s interesting Jellybean I don’t suppose you’re in London, if so it’d be great if you could pm me where you went!

PenelopeFlintstone Wed 14-Feb-18 09:19:55

You can buy something to freeze skin tags. Works on ticks too.

SandAndSea Wed 14-Feb-18 09:23:55

Can you not just snip them off with clean nail scissors? I've done this with small ones and it worked well.

Boatsonthewater Wed 14-Feb-18 09:26:17

Putting neat tea tree oil on them works a treat. Do it twice a day, and they just shrivel up.

Mulberrysilk Wed 14-Feb-18 09:41:56

I took ds to the Dr with what looked like tiny skin tags but apparently they were warts, which explains why they clustered in one area. In case they are warts, stop touching them or they'll spread further.

AnonEvent Wed 14-Feb-18 10:48:47

Can you not just snip them off with clean nail scissors? I think I'm too much of a wimp! I can definitely put on some neat tea tree oil though.

I bloody hope they're not warts @Mulberrysilk - I'm unnaturally afraid of warts, whenever I get any kind of lump or bump, my first thought is 'IT'S A WART!!'... these have the classic narrow base, and plumper head, and are quite soft. That sounds like a skin-tag doesn't it?

insomniac123 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:03:09

I would recommend going to a beauty salon too, I had electrolysis and they can do milia, treat veins and I have had no scaring even from big ones, I even took my DS to have some skin tags removed.

jellybeanlover Wed 14-Feb-18 13:03:06

No Anon, I am in Hampshire, the beautician is in Botley, near Southampton

Wendy808 Thu 15-Feb-18 11:30:21

Me too, I had them on my neck and chest. They are horrible aren't they. But don't cut them, they can bleed for ages. I used a product called Cryotag which froze them off, and they disappeared completely. I think it was from Boots but I expect you can get it online too. Cheaper than the salon;)

DontCallMeCharlotte Thu 15-Feb-18 13:16:32

Isn't clear nail polish supposed to get rid of skin tags?

ZaZathecat Thu 15-Feb-18 13:26:08

I got this I'm pregnancy too but they all gradually disappeared after I gave birth. Are you still pregnant?

GummyGoddess Thu 15-Feb-18 13:27:58

The teeny ones you're describing, I developed those last pregnancy. I tended to literally scrape them off with my nail while in the shower. I promise it didn't hurt or anything! I only realised I could as I thought something was stuck to me so I was trying to scrape it off. Then realised actually it was a part of me.

QuietNinjaTardis Thu 15-Feb-18 13:29:13

I grew skin tags when
I was pregnant. One huge one on my neck which I had frozen off then another huge one on my shoulder —right where my strap goes-of course!— that I fiddled with so much it eventually turned black and fell off blush

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 15-Feb-18 13:29:36

I just cut mine off with some really sharp nail scissors!

LovingLola Thu 15-Feb-18 13:29:39

I had two biggish ones and I went to my local beauty salon. She took those off and also about another 25 tiny ones using electrolysis. I was delighted. Lots of tiny scabs for about a week but completely cleared up after that! Would definitely recommend that route rather than scissors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now