Talk

Advanced search

Pixi Tonic has anyone been disappointed.

(23 Posts)
Ladybirdbookworm Tue 13-Feb-18 22:56:31

I just started using pixi tonic about three weeks ago and added a day cream with spf.
I have stopped using my new moisturiser and returned to an aloe Vera water day cream because my eyes have been stinging and my make up just seems to slide off my face. Now I've got two sore pimples, one on my cheek and one above my lip. Anyone else disappointed with it .

TerfWarz Wed 14-Feb-18 07:28:01

I've been using it but was put off when I realised you needed to use an spf and I don't have one. I didn't have any problems though.

Mupflup Wed 14-Feb-18 07:37:57

I found it does absolutely nothing for me at all. Didn't make my skin any worse, but equally didn't notice any positive difference either. I was very disappointed as so many people rave about it. I'm finishing off the bottle but won't be buying another!

marillacuthbert2018 Wed 14-Feb-18 07:42:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InfiniteSheldon Wed 14-Feb-18 07:42:24

I love it been using it for a year now after using my previous brand for more than a decade it gives me a real glow

PoppyBubbles Wed 14-Feb-18 07:46:45

Marilla what nip & fab pads do you use?

WyrdSisterWeatherwax Wed 14-Feb-18 07:59:04

I hated it.

I kept seeing all these amazing reviews, how it was a cult product etc so gave in and bought it. I had pretty good skin at the time from using Nip Fab but swapped their toner and pads out for Pixi and it ruined my skin. I'd hoped it was just the adjustment so persevered for 4 weeks using it 2-4 times a week but it made my skin redder and I broke out in loads of little white spots. It's taken me months after stopping to get my face nearly back to normal.

Had the same problem with Kiehls Midnight Oil so perhaps I need to stop buying into all the hype confused - was an expensive few mistakes.

I'm back to the Nip Fab Glycolic range now wih happy skin.

SandysMam Wed 14-Feb-18 08:11:55

I find clean & clear cleansing lotion (blue toner like stuff, costs about £2) to give the same sort of glow as Pixi. The salycilic acid content is just enough to keep skin turning over and tightens pore’s nicely. Might be worth a try.

Newseeker Wed 14-Feb-18 08:14:17

Weird. I think PixI Glow was the start of my sensitive skin problems. It brought me out in little spots. Kiehls oil does the same so I’m taking a break from it.

rubybleu Wed 14-Feb-18 08:47:31

It irritated my skin due to the fragrance. I like The Ordinary once a week 30% glycolic mask and 5% daily lactic acid better.

Lucked Wed 14-Feb-18 08:49:38

It does work for me with a very noticeable difference to my skin but everyone's skin is different.

PurpleDaisies Wed 14-Feb-18 08:54:18

It didn’t suit me either. I like REN clarimatte toner.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Wed 14-Feb-18 09:04:18

It doesn’t suit me, either. My skin prefers lactic acid as a chemical exfoliant. I use the 10% Ordinary version nightly.

PorklessPie Wed 14-Feb-18 09:40:32

Complete waste of my money, as was alpha gold. The only product I have found which does what it claims is Paula's choice skin perfecting BHA.

HildaZelda Wed 14-Feb-18 11:32:45

Did absolutely nothing for me. Complete waste of money.

littlepooch Wed 14-Feb-18 15:19:23

Did nothing for me. Gave me spots initially then when my skin settled down I couldn't notice any difference.

I have some of the alpha liquid gold stuff to try but after the pick experience I'm scared haha

hauntedhenry Wed 14-Feb-18 15:44:16

I hated it, absolutely rubbish on my skin. I poured it down the sink.

twoplytwoply Wed 14-Feb-18 16:04:45

I changed from the Pixi tonic to The Ordinary gycolic Toner, which I like much better and so does my skin. Has more glycolic acid in too (7% vs 5%) so it can't be the acid that my skin didn't like. Cheaper too!

Alienspaceship Wed 14-Feb-18 16:29:12

Love it, really helps my acne. Alpha gold did nothing, possibly made it worse.

Ladybirdbookworm Thu 15-Feb-18 00:43:47

Thank you everyone - I'm going to give it away ....also I think it smells like rotten eggs ..not that I've ever encountered a rotten egg but you know what I mean smile

biffyboom Thu 15-Feb-18 00:58:24

I use it every couple days, I think its too harsh and won't be buying it again. I also didn't like their rose oil or glow mud face wash, or glow face wipes. Don't know why I keep trying their products!

Estellanpip Thu 15-Feb-18 01:03:23

I prefer the Superdrug version and it's far cheaper.

doubleshotespresso Thu 15-Feb-18 01:08:33

I found it very harsh on my skin and it caused a bit of an eczema breakout......

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: