Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help! Rejuvenation ideas needed!

(3 Posts)
Tigerstripycat Tue 13-Feb-18 22:44:03

I caught sight of myself the other day in a large restaurant mirror - hunched over, looking grey and exhausted, flat hair, all saggy round the middle, NOT good!!!

What short and long term fixes do I need to just look, basically, better? More groomed, less harried. Is it just down to clothes and make-up? And spare time to spend on yourself?

I used to look young for my age (I’m 46) but sadly no more. Fixes need to be realistic as I’m a single parent, work full time, and have very little ‘me’ time! Restrained by budget too. It feels hopeless!

Please - anything?!

Ffsnothingworks Wed 14-Feb-18 08:47:02

We wear our hair everyday, so perhaps get that sorted? Think of it from a cost per wear point of view.

Get measured for a new bra.

Blusher all the way!

SureIusedtobetaller Wed 14-Feb-18 08:55:42

Polished nails. Just a coat of clear varnish and moisturise your cuticles. Then your hands look cared for.
Hair is a quick fix.
Drink water, maybe some yoga for posture long term if you have time?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: