Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Alex Monroe solid gold jewellery. Anyone have any?

(10 Posts)
notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Tue 13-Feb-18 20:12:06

I'm looking at buying a gold necklace and love some of his designs but I'm worried they're not really worth the money. I'd love to hear if anyone has anything.

I definitely don't want gold plate and would prefer 14 or 18 carat. If anyone can suggest anywhere else to look that'd be great. I'd like either a shortish chain with a small pendant or an 'interesting' chain.

This is the kind of thing I'm looking at https://www.alexmonroe.com/rosa-ansa-necklace.html?___SID=U?material=8#.WoNF4nTTXqA

Budget up to around £500 but would prefer to spend less if poss.

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Tue 13-Feb-18 20:15:56

www.alexmonroe.com/rosa-ansa-necklace.html?___SID=U?material=8#.WoNF4nTTXqA

Hopefully a working link!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 13-Feb-18 20:30:36

I have quite a bit of his silver stuff and really love it - I always get compliments on it. However it’s about 1/3 of the price of the one you linked to, which is absolutely beautiful, btw.

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Tue 13-Feb-18 21:18:38

Thanks for the reply. I have a silver horseshoe which I love and a gold plated heart but the plated stuff is hard to look after and I really want something gold coloured. But the gold pendants are teeny tiny.

goose1964 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:24:47

Some lovely ones here. www.clogau.co.uk/Jewellery/Pendants-and-Necklaces/Gold.aspx

Ofthread Tue 13-Feb-18 22:05:53

The solid gold Alex Monroe are really tiny. The pendant is 0.7 mm across.

Ofthread Tue 13-Feb-18 22:09:27

This shows the size-ish

www.alexmonroe.com/jewellery/necklaces/teeny-tiny-hummingbird-necklace.html#.WoNh03CnzYU

NashvilleQueen Tue 13-Feb-18 22:11:43

Bloody hell that is tiny!

Ofthread Wed 14-Feb-18 02:17:03

This? www.londonroadjewellery.com/product/designer-yellow-gold-willow-pearl-pendant/

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Wed 14-Feb-18 08:05:37

Thanks for the suggestions. Will have a browse after work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: