Talk

Advanced search

eye brow pencil that doesn't melt away by noon

(23 Posts)
chocolateiamydrug Tue 13-Feb-18 19:23:01

my rimmel eye brow pencil is almost used up and I need s new one.

can anybody recommend a decent one that stays put? I am in my 40s but over plugged my brows in my early 20s so they are a bit thin and gappy. Ideally under £10.

papayasareyum Tue 13-Feb-18 19:24:06

I much prefer eyebrow mascara to pencil. I use one by Nyx

giddyupnow Tue 13-Feb-18 19:24:52

I want to know this - have just splashed out on a Stila eyebrow pen and four days later it seems to have run out (I have pretty slim brows, not big slugs requiring much product)

FaultySpice Tue 13-Feb-18 19:32:02

I have a powder palette with a little angled brush. Can't remember the brand though...

daysofpearlyspencer Tue 13-Feb-18 19:32:39

Brow Zings by Benefit, it's a duo of wax and powder with a couple of special little brushes, lasts all day

Skibunny1980 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:33:04

NYX pomade in a pot lasts all day on me.

Skibunny1980 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:33:34

If you want a pencil though Soap and Glory are really good.

funkyfunky Tue 13-Feb-18 19:34:48

No7 Beautiful Eyebrow pencil is the best I've ever used. It's only £8 and there's always deals on No7 as well.

TinselAngel Tue 13-Feb-18 19:35:53

HD brows eyebrow palettte is good- I find it easier to apply neatly than a pencil.

stoplickingthetelly Tue 13-Feb-18 19:36:18

Yes I agree the No.7 one fantastic and only £8 too. Just as good as more expensive ones.

happy2bhomely Tue 13-Feb-18 19:37:25

I'm using eyelure pomade with a little angled brush and I have to remove it with a hot cloth cleanser at night. It stays on in the shower if I'm not thorough! I'm blonde with quite light brows so it really notices if it rubs off.

LemonShark Tue 13-Feb-18 19:48:55

The £3.29 Rimmel brow pencil has lasted 24 hours on me without moving an inch before!

KatharinaRosalie Tue 13-Feb-18 20:07:50

Not a pencil but Wunderbrow really works. I have oily skin, so most other things just melt off. Have taken 2 showers today, done exercise and it's still on.
www.wunder2.co.uk/product/wunderbrow-semi-permanent-eyebrows

Arealhumanbeing Tue 13-Feb-18 20:10:24

Boy brow by Glossier is amazing.

bettydraper31 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:10:26

Another vote for Wunderbrow here. Stays on all day. It’s a gel rather than a pencil so takes a little practice but there are lots of videos online. Check it out on Amazon, there’s lots of good reviews and pics on there.

Beautifullymixed Tue 13-Feb-18 20:18:56

I use a brow pencil (sleek) that stays all day on my oily skin and prone to hot sweats sometimes hot face.
I find that a careful prep of the skin makes all the difference regarding the longevity of my brows.

I apply my primer all over.
Then apply my foundation (and concealer).
Next, I press a setting powder under my eyes, onto my eyelids, over my brows, and also onto my t zone.
I use a damp beauty blender, or a velour puff, and really press it in.
My preference is silica setting powders, in particular innisfree no sebum powder, etude house zero sebum powder, rcma no colour powder - but most translucent powders will do.
I then brush off the excess gently.
This leaves my brows and the surrounding area a smooth canvas, ready for eyeliner, eyeshadow and brow pencil/gel/pomade.
I then take the same soft angled brush, and ever so gently sweep over the brow and eye area to set it all after all eye and brow make up is finished.
The little powder left on the brush is all that's needed.

My eye area does not move or smudge all day. smile

HarperFrannie Tue 13-Feb-18 20:20:11

Another vote for Wunderbrow here

auberginesrus Tue 13-Feb-18 20:24:08

I was using a reaaly great, thick waxy pencil from Kiko which came in just the right shade of mid sludge brown for my brows and stayed put all day but now they have discontinued it, sob! Lots of other products are either too dark or too full on for me so I will be reading with interest.

Chanelprincess Tue 13-Feb-18 20:31:03

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz is great for shaping and fine definition and always seems to last. I sometimes use brow powder over this for more definition.

NobodysChild Tue 13-Feb-18 20:54:27

I bought this from amazon. £1.89 and 80p p+p
ROPALIA Perfect Eyebrows in 2 Mins Eyebrow Gel +Brush Eyebrow Tint Dye
The brush is super thin for drawing straight/angled lines. The product stays on all day, doesn't dry kakey or flakey. It also doesn't dye your brows or stain your skin. Can easily be wiped off.
You only need the smallest amount to do both brows, so this will last for ages.

GardenGeek Tue 13-Feb-18 20:58:02

I use normal MAC eyeshadow and just lightly layering it on as I want it.

Always stays. Its actually a real pain to get off!

mrslebon Wed 14-Feb-18 10:49:38

I rate the Bobbi Brown long wear eyebrow pencil. Doesn't budge at all.

positivepineapple Wed 14-Feb-18 14:29:42

Revlon colorstay gets my vote. I dust a little translucent powder over the top and it lasts forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now