Talk

Advanced search

Preppy summer ideas

(4 Posts)
timshortfforthalia Tue 13-Feb-18 18:38:13

I am rubbish at summer dressing. Always get it wrong, just glad that the uk is usually so very cold that i dont need to vary my clothes up much anyway.

Just about to book my summer holiday, and that has got me thinking about summer clothes.

I am naturally very scruffy and in winter i counter balance this by wearing hobbs etc. This level of smartness seems to drag my sorry ass up to passable levels of non-scuffyness and i end up lookimg kind of stylish.

So how can i apply that to summer? A couple of years ago, i had a slightly preppy vibe and that kind of worked. Then it was a couple of gap skirts, shirts and stan smiths. Im thinkinh shorts not skirts, maybe breton tops. This sounds a bit dull. I know, so mu question is what is the difference between cool preppy and dreary preppy? And any ideas for nice preppy summer outfits? Not mad about shirts cause we will be camping for two weeks.

Ffsnothingworks Tue 13-Feb-18 19:27:55

Perhaps try Pinterest for ideas? Maybe chino type shorts?

Catherine0317 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:44:32

Following with interest.. fund summer dressing so hard.. any night time fashionistas out there pls.. I always end up looking like Woman @ M&S vomited on me !!

princessbear80 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:10:00

Following, I never look stylish in summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now