Talk

Advanced search

Curly hair care

(10 Posts)
beastgirl Mon 12-Feb-18 18:32:24

DS's hair is beautiful after washing. But a complete mess the next day. What hair products/care can I use to prevent this from happening?

gingerh4ir Mon 12-Feb-18 18:57:55

silly question but do you brush on day 2?

I know some curly websites recommend not to brush (I have very curly hair and don't brush between washes) but your DS's hair looks very fine/thin and isn't like 'proper' coarse and dry curly hair that keeps the curl.

I would brush it and maybe spray some water into the ends to encourage the curks to curl up again. That's what I did with DD when she was little - similar hair fine curls where the classic curly method doesn't work.

ruddynorah Mon 12-Feb-18 18:59:24

No to brushing. Spray it with water and run a wide tooth comb through it. Perhaps add a little curl cream or leave in conditioner.

ggirl Mon 12-Feb-18 19:02:40

don't brush it
silky pillowcase to avoid frizz
spray with water in morning , if its a tangled mess then wet it and comb in some leave in conditioner and scrunch and leave to dry.
I use the adult version of mixed chicks leave in

chocolateiamydrug Mon 12-Feb-18 19:39:20

agree with ginger - this curl pattern needs some brushing in the morning (wide toothed comb) and spaying in some water.

we are a curly family. various curl patterns. generelly, I wouldn't brush curls but the OP's DS has ultra fine curls where one the curly method fails.

omBreROSE Mon 12-Feb-18 20:07:12

Is it naturally curly, or is this his hair from birth?
smile
I had two boys with both versions. The baby hair son had his cut as it didn’t really last.

omBreROSE Mon 12-Feb-18 20:07:54

I meant ‘baby curls’ - the type that don’t grow back after first trim?

BeauMirchoff Mon 12-Feb-18 20:14:17

Yes, these are his baby curls. He is two and a half and has never had a hair cut. I really like his hair and want to keep it like this for as long as I can, really. smile
Thank you for all the advice, I'll give it a go!

beastgirl Mon 12-Feb-18 20:15:52

Not sure if they'd grow back if he had a haircut?grin

TheMogget Mon 12-Feb-18 20:18:31

What do you wash with? I use Palmer's Olive Oil co-wash on both my daughter and myself, we both have fine curly hair. It's really improved her curls and they are lovely on day 2,3,4... (unlike mine which need washing daily)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now