Talk

Advanced search

The Ordinary - Where do I start? Help please!

(8 Posts)
HildaZelda Mon 12-Feb-18 17:11:12

Have heard a lot of good things about The Ordinary. For anyone who's ever used anything from there, where do I start exactly?

Current routine is (morning) face wash in shower, then toner/micellar, eye gel and moisturiser (with spf) under make up. Evening is, remove make up with coconut oil and a flannel, separate eye make up remover, toner/micellar, then eye gel and oil (currently B range from Superdrug. I was using serum as well, but I think it was too much)

I'm 38, fairly normal skin, prone to the odd spot and bit of congestion on nose/chin. Little bit of nose to mouth lines but no wrinkles otherwise. No 11 lines or eye wrinkles. Slight dark circles under eyes and skin can look a bit dull. Not particularly sensitive to products.

I'd like my skin to look brighter and 'fresher' and for it to be less congested.
Am I looking at retinol or something else? I've had a look at their site, but not sure where to start.

retainertrainer Mon 12-Feb-18 21:16:59

Send them an email explaining your skin type and what you want to achieve and they’ll point you in the right direction.

I’m 37 with similar skin to yours and it’s made a huge difference to me.

I’m using

- alpha arbutin (for spot scars)
-buffet (all rounder)
-hyaluronic acid 2%
-cold pressed rose hip oil

My skin is smoother, softer, dewy and the big one for me is that I haven’t had a spot for 2 months now and I was really struggling with chin spots.

Doobigetta Mon 12-Feb-18 21:47:14

I'm on the verge of really falling out with The Ordinary. The products are great, but they are so bloody unreliable. I've been waiting weeks for stuff and they can't tell me when it's coming back into stock.

retainertrainer Tue 13-Feb-18 06:31:24

Doob-where are you ordering from? I’m using Victoria Heath. No problems so far but I’m only using 4 products and I’m only on my second order!

HildaZelda Tue 13-Feb-18 11:56:56

Thanks @retainertrainer, that's very helpful. Will email them too.

@Doobigetta. I have heard that alright. I suppose for the price it's worth taking the chance.

sweetheart Tue 13-Feb-18 14:17:15

I recently started using The Ordinary products - to begin with I emailed them and Victoria Health with basically exactly what you have written in your OP. Both companies then emailed me ideas of regimes / products etc. To be honest they were almost identical.

Since I placed my order and started using the products I have gone back to them with questions about how often / what order products should be applied and also I wasn't keen on one of the products so I asked for an alternative recommendation.

I have found them very helpful - I've been adding in the products gradually and I think I have started to notice a slight difference but I'm going to wait about a month before I make any judgement calls on it.

goose1964 Tue 13-Feb-18 14:20:51

Not sure about the ordinary but you shouldn't use coconut oil on your face as it's comedogenic . It could be causing your breakouts

HildaZelda Tue 13-Feb-18 15:46:39

Thanks @sweetheart

@goose1964. I just use it as a cleanser that wash it all off. Nah, I've been prone to the odd spot for about the last 25 years. Nothing to do with coconut oil. Skin was the same before I used it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now