Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

If you have a size 16 tummy but size 12 legs...

(10 Posts)
TheShapeofYou Mon 12-Feb-18 14:00:33

Where do you get your jeans/jeggings from please?

I am now properly trying to lose the Christmas weight (10lbs) so that I fit comfortably back into my size 14 Gap and New Look jeans, but in the meantime I'm struggling. My arse is too big for leggings.

Tried some Asda size 16 jeggings on yesterday and they fit lovely on the waist but we're far too baggy on the legs. I do quite a bit of walking and people always comment on my slim legs, so guessing they're more of size 12?

I don't want to spend too much as hoping to shift the weight in the next couple of months!

Thanks

TheShapeofYou Mon 12-Feb-18 19:18:12

Bump.

inmyshoos Mon 12-Feb-18 19:20:07

Primark. I find they are really generous at the waist esp the skinny super stretch jeans. Im thick at the waist but no arse and skinny legs. I am a 10-12 In m&s but can buy an 8 in Primark!

CeeceeBloomingdale Mon 12-Feb-18 19:28:16

Not those exact sizes but I'm apple shaped and I buy at h&m now. I used to get super skinny jeans from debenhams as they are good proportionally too.

formerbabe Mon 12-Feb-18 19:31:10

I'm exactly the same op. If jeans fit round my belly, they are baggy on the legs and vice versa. I'm currently wearing primark jeans in size 14...they are surprisingly good...

cod Mon 12-Feb-18 19:31:13

Jeggings are the devil for putting on weight. STEP AWAY FROM THEM

Get some proper jeans. Not Denim pyjama bottoms

Pinkkahori Mon 12-Feb-18 20:34:20

I found exactly the opposite with Primark. I had to size up to fit my waist and then the legs were way too big.
I find Next best.

TheShapeofYou Mon 12-Feb-18 21:37:23

I'm managing to still squeeze into my Primark size 14's actually, but they are quite baggy on the legs so don't think they're the super skinny ones.

cod I know I know! Bit late now though eh grin

Thanks for the replies so far.

demirose87 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:40:05

Next do some really stretchy jeggings. I'm normally a 16 on bottom but wear a 14 from there.

Catra Mon 12-Feb-18 23:17:31

New Look size 12 maternity jeans!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: