Talk

Advanced search

Mac Fig Eyeshadow

(7 Posts)
IWillSurviveHeyHey Mon 12-Feb-18 13:31:12

Today I was in MAC and tried on an eyeshadow that I thought looked good on me. It's called Fig and it's a matte aubergine colour. My eyes are brown. I couldn't get anyone to serve me so I left thinking, I'll get it online. However, I cannot find it on the MAC website and when I google it, I get 'Beauty Marked'. Does anyone know if 'Beauty Marked' is the new name for 'Fig'?

mowglik Mon 12-Feb-18 13:44:14

Beauty marked has glitter/shimmer in it, it isn’t matte. It’s nice but a very dark aubergine. Fig sounds nice

IWillSurviveHeyHey Mon 12-Feb-18 13:51:51

Oh thanks. I'm 48 so definitely don't want glitter, plus I want it for every day wear. I wonder why I can't find it...

Fishfingersandwich3 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:20:32

Looks like it’s discounted. Apparently Makeup Geek Curfew is a good dupe for it. They sell Makeup Geek on beauty bay but i’m afraid curfew is also sold out in there. May be worth keeping an eye out in case it comes into stock.

Fishfingersandwich3 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:21:05

Discontinued not discounted, sorry!

IWillSurviveHeyHey Mon 12-Feb-18 14:32:36

Oh thanks.Maybe I need to go back to the shop as they still had the tester there, might mean that they also have it in stock.

What's Make Up Geek like? I rate MAC and Bobby Brown for durability, intensity of colour and ease of applying without crumbling everywhere. One eye shadow will last me years so I don't mind paying more...

Fishfingersandwich3 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:41:40

I haven’t actually tried makeup geek myself, but all of the reviews I have seen rate it as great quality and reasonably priced. I think the single eyeshadows come in just the pan (rather than individually packaged) so you might need to get a z-palette to hold them in which increases the cost. But also fun to create your own palette of favourite colours!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now