Talk

Advanced search

Late 30's skin help!!!!

(7 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 12-Feb-18 13:30:06

One minute I'm fine and boom my face just doesn't look the same!!! It looks dull and puffy, and my eyes seems tired with dark circles which it totally aging!!! No real deep wrinkles yet but a couple of faint lines in middle of forehead 😩. Ibe always looked you for my age my glow and sparkle in my eyes has gone. Tell me what I need to do!!! Do I need this retinal cream?? Botox or something.

Fishfingersandwich3 Mon 12-Feb-18 13:36:52

There are a few things that I have found useful in my mid-late 30s. I was thinking the other day that I actually prefer my skin now to in my early 20s! And I can’t say that is down to good clean living all the time, it’s definitely the products.
1) using oils - both cleansing oils and also a face oil for night. I find this makes my skin glow and even if I have a few lines, the overall look of my skin is nice. I used to think my skin was oily because it was congested / blemished but actually that was because I wasn’t cleansing it properly. I always double cleanse now.
2) retinol - I use a night product, not too often as it makes my skin sensitive (maybe 2x per week). But I do think the hype is justified.
3) spf - it’s never too late for prevention as well as cure!

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 12-Feb-18 15:43:53

Fish can you recommend a retinol cream obviously nothing too harsh for a beginner??

twoplytwoply Mon 12-Feb-18 16:13:24

Do you drink alcohol? I'm late 30s and although I've had great results using various potions and lotions, I didn't drink for three weeks in jan and my skin never looked better. Now I notice if I have a drink, my skin looks worse for a couple of days after.

Potion wise, I'd recommend the ordinary as the products are inexpensive yet effective. Start simple and build products in one by one.

Fishfingersandwich3 Mon 12-Feb-18 16:41:05

I’m a member of beauty pie and really like their super retinol night cream, but assuming you’re not a member of that I also like the Ordinary retinol, in the lowest % they do to start with.

Fishfingersandwich3 Mon 12-Feb-18 16:42:45

I like twoply’s idea of no drinking but afraid I don’t have the willpower and am from the ‘keep drinking but compensate with a load of products’ camp!

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 12-Feb-18 17:15:00

Ah I don't drink a lot certainly not on a weekly basis. I did smoke now and then but I've cut that out. I know don't drink a lot in work and I don't always get a good nights sleep. But my skin looks so dull.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now