Talk

Advanced search

Ski jacket

(11 Posts)
Hesperatum Mon 12-Feb-18 11:27:19

Am looking for a ski jacket and want a good quality one without paying the earth. Any makes you can recommend? In hopeful anticipation 🙂

trixymalixy Mon 12-Feb-18 11:44:02

Try TK Maxx, they usually have good value ski wear.

The important things for me are the waterproofing rating (at least 10k), that it is windproof, breathable and has taped seams. I don't usually worry about warmth as I layer up underneath.

My ski jacket is Mountain Force and I bought it from TK Maxx and I really rate it. I've also seen a lot of Spyder ski wear in there which is decent. They sometimes have Patagonia and North Face and sometimes rarely Haglofs.

I wouldn't buy Trespass, I wasn't impressed with the Trespass jacket my DS had.

FadedRed Mon 12-Feb-18 11:50:06

I have a Surfonic from TKMaxx, which cost £40-50 (I think 40) and am very pleased with it. Got it two seasons ago and still looks new ( we ski for 5-6 weeks a season), and I also use it when it's cold here, so it gets quite a lot of use.
I nearly brought myself another on this year, just because I liked it, but decided to wait another year.
It has a sleeve lift pass pocket, inside pockets, glove clip on the outside pockets, snow skirt, double end zip, and glove sleeves and armpit opening zip, so everything you need in a jacket.

PARunnerGirl Mon 12-Feb-18 11:52:02

I’ve litetally just bought myself a new one this season and went with the Roxy Wildlife that was getting great reviews. I lusted after the Arc’teryx Airah for a while but just couldn’t justify it in the end.

With Spyder, check the hood is helmet compatible.

trixymalixy Mon 12-Feb-18 11:59:57

Oh I love a helmet compatible hood! My friends were very jealous of mine when it was pissing it down one day on our last ski holiday.

It really bugs me that so many jackets aren;t helmet compatible, particularly on kids ski jackets.

PARunnerGirl Mon 12-Feb-18 13:37:06

It’s one of my biggest annoyances with ski jackets! Nowadays, helmets are very common and so if ski jackets have a hood, it should be helmet compatible! On cold, white-out days, it makes the ski lifts much more bearable!

DuchessMinnie Mon 12-Feb-18 17:44:20

Decathlon has an ok selection for around the 40-50 euros mark- they are warm but every other person in France seems to have the same one I chose.

Mercurial123 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:50:42

Mine is from Noronna expensive but I got it in the sales and have had it for years. My friend got a decent one from TK Maxx a couple of months ago.

idontlikealdi Mon 12-Feb-18 17:59:46

Decathlon.

Loopy9 Mon 12-Feb-18 18:03:06

When I was skiing last season all the French were wearing We’dze the Decathlon brand! Literally my whole ski class were clad out head to foot in We’dze! I was quite jealous.. I’m heading to Decathlon before they sell out..

Hesperatum Tue 13-Feb-18 15:50:20

Many thanks - off to TKMaxx and Decathlon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now