Talk

Advanced search

Dyson Hairdryer - is it worth buying?

(6 Posts)
user1470147116 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:31:23

Am 40 years old brunette.

Have fine, slightly past shoulder length hair that tends to be a little frizzy. Need to wash my hair every other day as gets oily.

Anyone with similar hair to mine? How do you find the Dyson?

MyRelationshipIsWeird Mon 12-Feb-18 10:43:03

I was given one for Xmas and it is great but no way I’d have spent that sort of money on a hairdryer myself.

It has all sorts of clever technology to work out how dry your hair is and adjust accordingly (apparently?!) but basically I just dry my hair with it and haven’t noticed any substantial difference in its condition. It sounds cool, quite quiet and light to hold above your head, but like most tech-y products I think you’re paying a lot for the research that went into making it and the name more than the actual benefits to you as a consumer.

QueenOfTheAndals Mon 12-Feb-18 11:13:39

I have friends who've got one and they say it's good but doesn't really justify the price. I bought a Parlux for £80 about 7 years ago and it's still going strong - can def recommend one of those!

user1470147116 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:42:21

My friends tell me the Parlux is great if you have thick hair but it may not be good for fine hair like mine (as too powerful, hot, may damage it?).

Hence was interested in Dyson.

HRTpatch Mon 12-Feb-18 11:45:48

I have both Parlux and Dyson.
Only thing Dyson is better at is it's light.

ABuckToothedGirlinLuxembourg Mon 12-Feb-18 14:29:08

No! It’s vastly overpriced, and not any better than my previous hairdryer, although it is lighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now