Talk

Advanced search

My neck! When did this happen? What can I do?

(24 Posts)
Ratonastick Mon 12-Feb-18 09:01:20

I’m sat on a train in bright sunshine and i just flipped open a mirror to put my lipstick on and there it was! I’m starting a turkey neck! I’m a bit wobbly round the throat anyway as I was not blessed with a strong jawline, but I can see the telltale wrinkles starting to form. I hadn’t noticed before bu tit was unmistakable. Please help me! What do I do?

Obviously, I am never going out in broad daylight again!

Neolara Mon 12-Feb-18 09:04:15

Scarves. Polo necks. Accept the inevitable decline into a withered body, declining mind and eventual death....

LanguidLobster Mon 12-Feb-18 09:28:22

Rat!! You have inflicted this upon yourself! Broad daylight indeed, wantonly flicking open mirrors. Tut tut.

I've heard lymphatic drainage is good but it would take patience to learn/implement (I'm good at preaching but not practising).

Sarah Chapman has a set of facial exercises which should be online.

MargotLovedTom1 Mon 12-Feb-18 09:31:52

A neck lift wink.

BuckysRoboticArm Mon 12-Feb-18 14:19:15

Depends on age I guess. Surgery is an option. Doesn't sound like you're anywhere near there if you've only just noticed it though? If so there's still time to help things or slow it down.

Nutrition is the best place to start. Things are going to fall apart a lot earlier if you're unhealthy, or have hormone/thyroid issues. I doubt fancy creams could help reverse things much but you should still moisturise. I always treat the inside first.

By the way I think people can still look beautiful even with this so called turkey neck. I bet you are beautiful op. Stop taking your compact out in the sunlight at bad angles, even at 22 this isn't a favourable look

Ratonastick Mon 12-Feb-18 17:05:22

So basically, it’s invasive surgery or I have to develop a signature look based on swathes of scarfs and stay out of strong light. I am becoming Nosferatu.........

EnidButton Mon 12-Feb-18 17:10:56

in bright sunshine and i just flipped open a mirror

Rule one ☝🏻 of style & beauty: Never flip open a mirror in broad bright daylight. Particularly when on a train. That light is taking no prisoners. That applies from age 15-115.

Seriously, it's not the light or angle you'd be seen in normally so I doubt you have much to worry about.

BusterGonad Mon 12-Feb-18 17:23:27

It's not the turkey neck I worry about in broad daylight, it's the fucking stray facial hairs that glow like a beacon!!!!! 😂

misscockerspaniel Mon 12-Feb-18 19:03:09

For a temporary fix, I use Argan5 Lift & Renew Clay Mask (Waitrose) and leave it on for a good 30 minutes before rinsing off. The tightening effect lasts for a few days.

JDSTER Mon 12-Feb-18 22:32:17

grin to some of the replies. Going forward, daily SPF on your neck to prevent any further UV damage.

retirednow Mon 12-Feb-18 22:35:21

I'm a chikky neck too, I hate it, I will try the argan5, thanks for the tip

EnidButton Mon 12-Feb-18 23:47:04

Chikky neck sounds so much nicer than turkey neck. grin Almost cute!

DianaT1969 Tue 13-Feb-18 06:05:44

I'm thinking of trying this based on the reviews. http://deciem.com/category/neck
Anyone tried it?

murphys Tue 13-Feb-18 06:33:37

At least your child hasn't asked you why you look like a chicken........................ hmm

Ratonastick Tue 13-Feb-18 08:04:24

Thanks for the tip. The Argan5 is in the trolley!

Mulberrysilk Tue 13-Feb-18 08:37:32

I'm in the same boat and I've been reading about Kybella. I can't decide if it's the solution or if it's a bit of a con.

woodhill Tue 13-Feb-18 08:48:13

Thanks for mask tip. Bright sunlight is depressing OP.

I hate polo necks etc so wear scarfs etc. My neck isn't too bad I'm 50 but I don't think tech is our friends, I-pad, phone etc

JDSTER Tue 13-Feb-18 10:45:24

Diana I’ve been broadly disappointed with NIOD products. All hype not much substance. I spent a fortune on products when they first came out, let’s just say I haven’t repurchased. I haven’t tried that neck product but hearing the names of their products just makes me laugh now.

DianaT1969 Tue 13-Feb-18 13:03:34

Jdster thanks for letting me know. It's expensive, so I was hesitant anyway. More polo necks then!

ohfortuna Tue 13-Feb-18 13:08:05

Unless you can go back in time and wear sunscreen or cover your neck in the sun I don't think there's much you can do

ohfortuna Tue 13-Feb-18 13:11:50

Obviously keep your skin well moisturised and protected from the elements

goose1964 Tue 13-Feb-18 14:05:34

I just moisturise when it starts to look wrinkly normally once a fortnight doesit

oncountdowntospring Tue 13-Feb-18 14:27:33

I use no7 Protect and Perfect Intense Advanced on my face and neck (I have no idea if you're meant to use it all the way to your decolletage or not but it is what i have always done with face cream), I notice a difference on my face if I stop using it so perhaps it could be worth a try op?

neveradullmoment99 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:04:57

oncountdown sadly been using this for at least a year and it has made no difference to my neck. The best thing I have found so far is nivea blue pot. I have bought the argan oil 5 mask so will give it a bash tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now