Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations and what are your holy grail items

(6 Posts)
Bluefrontdoor Sun 11-Feb-18 18:22:57

Hi, I’m new here though I have been lurking a while I really need to update myself and as I am dieting I want to start with skincare/makeup whilst I work my way into clothing lol so I am after some holy grail products as at the minute I’m using stuff that is ok but not re purchase great so can anyone recommend:

Good powder foundation, I use Lily Lolo at the moment and I do like it a lot though I feel it wears off easily (I never reapply I just don’t have the time for that 😂) and is kinda messy to apply so maybe a pressed one? I have used a Clinique one and benefit one along time ago not sure why I changed though.

Mascara, I have given up on mascara lately and have had lvl lashes but that’s getting expensive and Doesn’t give the same look especially in evening. No matter what I do mascara is always under my eyes (which as I have dark circles anyway is not helping 😂😂 ) I’m thinking of maybe a tubing mascara? I have sensitive eyes and my eyes stream at using a make up remover, so tubing ones seem the way to go?

Shampoo and conditioner, I have very dry hair it is coloured but just lacks shine and softness. I admit I tend to use what every is on offer in the supermarket but wondered if there was some super product I should know about?

So any ideas on the above?

Tell me about your holy grail cannot live without willl keep purchasing forever products? Doesn’t have to be related to the above I’m just wanting an overhaul

Lkjem Sun 11-Feb-18 18:32:21

Pureology hydrate (the purple one ) it's a dream both shampoo & conditioner pricey but worth it.
Pixi beauty transparent pressed powder
Bad gal benefit mascara

HectorAndKiki Sun 11-Feb-18 20:08:12

Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara.

QueenJulian Sun 11-Feb-18 22:18:28

Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner- I need a haircut as the ends of my hair are dry and this makes a big difference. I don’t use the shampoo though (I use the Miracle shine) as it makes my hair look greasy after a day.
I think if you have any oiliness in your skin you’re going to have to reapply face powder at some point in the day but it only takes seconds. Also Boots No. 7 do a nice tubing mascara which doesn’t flake.

ShovingLeopard Mon 12-Feb-18 01:12:55

Tarte'S mascara primer, Opening Act, will completely stop the smudging. You need to use way less mascara when using it, so it pays for itself, and you can get full length/volume with it, unlike the tubing mascaras. I have deep-set eyes, long eyelashes and v oily skin, and have experienced smudging with every single mascara I tried until I found this. If they ever discontinue it I won't know what to do with myself!

I'd also second the recommendation for Pureology Hydrate. Amazing stuff!

Mulberrysilk Mon 12-Feb-18 07:26:12

Philip kingsley elasticiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now