Talk

Advanced search

Running tights that don’t fall down?

(40 Posts)
Redtartanshoes Sun 11-Feb-18 18:13:01

Just that really. I’ve tried eventually billion pairs (mostly cheap) and thry all fall down when I’m running. Do I have to go ££ to sweaty Betty or Nike?

Any suggestions welcome

OccasionalNachos Sun 11-Feb-18 18:20:01

I was very impressed by Gymshark - thought it was all marketing & hype but they're lovely quality & the high waisted ones are great. I have a pair with sticky stuff inside the waistband - like hold up stockings - which seems to help too.

Before gymshark, Nike were my fave - the drawstring that pulls in opposite directions is good for keeping leggings up. Works well with my slightly flabby belly! You’re more likely to find Nike in a sale than gymshark also.

Lucymek Sun 11-Feb-18 18:20:37

H&m are really good

applespearsbears Sun 11-Feb-18 18:24:07

M&S do tights with a draw string that helps keep them up

Nicketynac Sun 11-Feb-18 19:54:12

I have a few from Decathlon which stay up.
I cant put anything in the pockets (even keys) though or they just slide down. I use an arm pouch instead. Would that help?

PorkSpork Sun 11-Feb-18 19:57:50

Karrimor have a draw string? Terrible camel's hoof thoughblush
Can't have it all

greatbiggiraffe Sun 11-Feb-18 20:00:42

Yes to karrimor causing a dreadful camel toe!
blush
Skins are good. They are pricey but you can get good reductions on them

clary Sun 11-Feb-18 20:01:19

Mine are Nike and I love them. A they were a present but not £££ I don't think. I have had them for four years and they are still great. Don't fall down. Falling down or not may be a function of body shape tho?

I have big thighs and big bum and small waist so this may make a difference?

ForSaleChesterDraws Sun 11-Feb-18 20:03:05

Tikiboo stay up on me.

McDougal Sun 11-Feb-18 20:39:12

I've seen kalenji mentioned a lot on the exercise boards but yet to try them myself as I remain faithful to Nike (there's an outlet store not too far away so I stock up on cheapness grin).

CallarMorvern Sun 11-Feb-18 21:08:21

I have a fab pair from Aldi, they have a drawstring which helps, I'm 5'10" and usually pants sit too low. They were only 9-99, I had to trawl Ebay for a second pair.

CallarMorvern Sun 11-Feb-18 21:09:39

Oh...and they don't have camel toe 🐫

oncountdowntospring Sun 11-Feb-18 21:33:10

My absolutely favourite pair are Pearl Izimi, I think they were from a running shop, they are like a second skin. I put them on and forget about them. I also like odlo. Nike dryfit are pretty good and don't fall down either.

augustusglupe Sun 11-Feb-18 21:37:44

I have a sweaty betty pair that I have quite literally worn to death though and they’ve really kept their shape. They wash well too. I know they’re pricey, but a few times a year they have great sales, upto 50% off. Mine are Thermal ones.

Lotsofsausage Sun 11-Feb-18 21:38:42

puma essential training tights are ace and also their transitions leggings have the most amazing thick high waist band but the fabric isn't as thick as the essential ones.

scampiesandchips Sun 11-Feb-18 21:44:57

I have a pair of Nike Dri-Fit running tights that weren't ££££ and stay up no matter what.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 11-Feb-18 21:50:51

Sturdy by design are great

carrie74 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:37:35

The only ones I've had that haven't shrugged down were Ron Hill (very functional), and Sweaty Betty (things of beauty). I bought in sale so they weren't eye wateringly expensive.

Rathkelter Mon 12-Feb-18 13:05:16

I bought a pair of high-waisted ones in Primark this time last year. They don't fall down and have last well through weekly washes. I went back to get more but they had sold out. Worth taking a look as I think they sell them only in early Spring.

spugzbunny Mon 12-Feb-18 13:09:18

If they fall down - try the next size up. Sounds counter intuitive but you need them to come all the way up as high as possible for them to stay up.

trixymalixy Mon 12-Feb-18 13:36:30

Sweaty Betty are the best imho. I usually buy on ebay bnwt so they're not so eye wateringly expensive.

PARunnerGirl Mon 12-Feb-18 13:42:24

I always recommend Nike on these threads. They NEVER fall down, sag or bag and they kind of suck you in! I probably pay around £60-80 but I wear them a lot and they last forever. Running and other sports/ exercise is a big part of my life and I like to feel comfortable. I’ll use any excuse to cut a run short blush so I try to make sure clothes, bras and shoes fit well and don’t cause any discomfort.

Mulberrysilk Mon 12-Feb-18 13:49:08

I think it depends on your shape. Nike are generally too low rise on me so they tend to fall down. My best pair are a recent purchase, Reebok high rise.

ArkAtEee Mon 12-Feb-18 14:29:54

I've had a pair of Nike tights for 12 years and still going strong, so if you do end up there, cost per wear should be good. I also like Helly Hanson.

Peekabum Mon 12-Feb-18 14:32:28

Nike or Sturdy by Design. Sturdy do 15% off with the code RUN15.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now