Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Ideas for how to style a grown out graduated bob?

(4 Posts)
ARealWoman Sun 11-Feb-18 17:38:22

I have fine, soft straight hair. I had a graduated bob a few months ago and now want it to be long again so I'm growing it out.

The shorter hair at the back no longer 'turns under' when I'm styling it so I'm wondering if there are any ideas I can do with clips or claws or anything really, to make it look decent until I can get it all cut to one length?

Bluefrontdoor Sun 11-Feb-18 18:30:58

I feel your pain I have recently grown mine out it went through a very weird phase where it was all kinda odd lengths, I just ties it up mostly, braid the front as the layers were odd then into a pony. I got it cut into one length and now it’s that odd not above shoulder not last shoulder so keeps kicking out like a 60’s Star 😂
Sometimes I use this from Toni and guy which gives it a kinky curl so the turn out isn’t noticeable www.amazon.co.uk/s/?hvlocphy=1006532&hvptwo&hvnetw=g&keywords=tony+guy+deep+barrel+waver&hvadid=226207749817&index=aps&hvpone&hvlocint&ref=pd_sl_7os4g2mani_b_p27&hvpos=1t1&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl&hvqmt=b&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&hvtargid=kwd-409502739723&hvrand=2813960962392301050
Just gotta keep growing it I’m afraid 😟

ARealWoman Fri 16-Feb-18 09:46:12

Thank you, I really like the look of that barrel waver! Does it take long to do?

IJustLostTheGame Fri 16-Feb-18 14:06:51

I've got a barrel waver and it's brilliant. The longer you hold it the deeper the wave.
It doesn't take long at all, maybe 5 minutes but I like soft waves.
I too am growing out a graduated bob. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: