Talk

Advanced search

Laptop backpack with a waist belt that doesn't look like I'm going for a hike?

(14 Posts)
drspouse Sun 11-Feb-18 14:32:34

I have awful shoulders due to having broken both of them at different times.
My current laptop backpack is giving me awful shoulder pain - it's a black padded backpack with birds on, Cath Kidston.
I really want something non-outdoors but with a hip/waist belt so the weight isn't on my shoulders.
Any ideas? It doesn't help that most online pictures don't show the front of the inside, or both!

TheApprentice Sun 11-Feb-18 14:35:28

I have a real nice one I bought 6 months ago. It's a nice pink but you can get in other colours. It's by osprey and is called a "Flapjill". It's v comfortable and has a laptop section. I am a teacher and use it for work. (I sometimes walk to work.)

TheApprentice Sun 11-Feb-18 14:36:00

Supposed to say really not real!

drspouse Sun 11-Feb-18 15:05:39

Thanks - that one is discontinued but all their laptop backpacks seem to have some sort of belt so worth looking at. They are still quite "technical" looking but at least they aren't all black or fluorescent.

TheApprentice Sun 11-Feb-18 22:06:28

Oh thats a shame it's discontinued. I've only had mine a few months! I didn't want it to look too technical either and thought the pink colour helped with that. Have you looked at the fjallraven ones? They don't look technical but are pricey!

drspouse Sun 11-Feb-18 22:12:30

I don't think any of the fjallravn laptop backpacks have a waist strap.

MrsJoshDun Sun 11-Feb-18 22:15:43

I have an osprey radius....maybe radial? It is an outdoors style type backpack but very comfy with only a thin waist belt which to be honest I don’t use. Has a laptop bit.

MrsJoshDun Sun 11-Feb-18 22:18:28

flap Jill

drspouse Mon 12-Feb-18 08:59:55

I've found a few others e.g. some of the skiing ones from Dakine. I wouldn't go for pink (don't wear it much and it seems a bit "women's Bic pens") but I quite like the blue and green colours from Osprey.
But they still ALL look like they are for backpacking. Aargh!

Trills Mon 12-Feb-18 09:01:11

I don't think there's any such thing as a backpack with a waist belt that doesn't look like you are going for a hike.

Trills Mon 12-Feb-18 09:01:30

The belt will always make you think "hiking"

drspouse Mon 12-Feb-18 09:04:38

But if I don't want the belt on any given day nobody would notice. It's the rest of the pack that screams "HIKING" to me. As a PP says, the fjallraven don't look hike-y. They would still look OK with a strap too.

Trills Mon 12-Feb-18 09:10:20

Ah so you want a removable belt?

And for backpack-sans-belt to not look hikey?

drspouse Mon 12-Feb-18 09:17:33

It doesn't have to be removable. I don't think most stylish laptop backpacks would look any more hike-y with a belt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now