Talk

Advanced search

Blazer question

(11 Posts)
HaveYouSeenMyHat Sun 11-Feb-18 14:04:32

Are blazers “a thing” these days? I’m fashion clueless but thought it might be a smart alternative to a cardigan. Any helpful thoughts? Thank you! grin

AnaViaSalamanca Sun 11-Feb-18 14:16:45

not entirely sure what you mean by "a thing" (if it's in a good way or a bad way), but I wear them all the time with jeans and trousers, my style is quite classic though, don't really follow trends much.

HaveYouSeenMyHat Sun 11-Feb-18 16:57:27

Thanks for responding! I meant it as a positive, in-style thing. But I agree it is a classic look.

WilburIsSomePig Sun 11-Feb-18 19:21:31

I bought this one today - bargain!

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Grey-Marl-Ponte-Blazer/132915931-Grey?searchTerm=jacket:relevance:department:Women&searchProduct=true

Look great with grey tee, black skinnies and grey loafers.

BusterGonad Mon 12-Feb-18 16:52:03

They were defiantly a thing a few years ago, they were big about 8 years ago and have gradually got more mainstream, now they are kind of not the height of fashion but are still very popular. I've had a fair few in my time and currently have a black one and a summery yellow one.

HaveYouSeenMyHat Mon 12-Feb-18 19:54:54

Thanks both 👍

BikeRunSki Mon 12-Feb-18 19:57:27

I have a couple of thick jersey tailored blazers that I wear in with dresses for work. Smarter than a cardigan, less formal than a suit.

BusterGonad Mon 12-Feb-18 19:57:39

I like them and personally wear them with jeans as well as dresses. In the spring and summer they look smarter than knitwear.

mercurymaze Mon 12-Feb-18 19:58:52

I always think the jersey ones look a bit weird not sure what they're meant to be

HaveYouSeenMyHat Mon 12-Feb-18 20:01:39

Good to get a mix of opinions smile

rightknockered Mon 12-Feb-18 20:09:38

Can never get on with jersey blazers. Zara often has good ones. I think they look good either very fitted or oversized. Anything in between looks wrong. So be sure to try lots on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now