Talk

Advanced search

Mamans! Can I ask you about Soeur.fr ?

(3 Posts)
ButteredScone Sun 11-Feb-18 09:43:23

I have seen a pair of trousers and jacket in the Soeur sale but have never bought anything from them previously. What is the sizing like?

I am quite a norky and have been burnt by French sizing (Agnes B!) but I love Comptoir des Cotoniers.

botemp Sun 11-Feb-18 10:38:46

Darn I'd wish you'd asked a few days ago as the shipping (even international) was free, and like most shipping costs from French stores it's on the high side. From that end it's worth checking any UK stockists of the brand to see if they stock your items in their sale.

Sizing is small, even by French standards I'm normally a FR34 everywhere (including Comptoir des Cottoniers where I find it a touch roomy) and need a size larger. I asked what that was about last time I was there and it's to bridge teenagers into the line as they also do a children's line, therefore the 32/XXS and 34 sizes shouldn't really be considered adult sizes. So roughly a FR38 is a UK8 and so forth, but I'd say it's a small 8. You may want to consider sizing up the blazer, though I tried on a trench coat and it was huge as it was designed to be oversized, if that's the case, no need to size up. It's predominantly the waists that are small with little give.

ButteredScone Sun 11-Feb-18 11:08:10

Ah, ok, thanks - this is so helpful. Gutted about the shipping! I hadn’t come across the brand before MN but it has lovely things so I am very tempted to give it a go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: