Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wedding guest dress where to shop?

(15 Posts)
FriendshipBraclet Sun 11-Feb-18 08:21:50

Got a wedding to attend in April and I want a dress with sleeves as I think it has potential to be chilly.
Bought a dress from ASOS and little mistress both midi length with sleeves and sent both back.
Want to go actual shopping but not really got a clue which stores to try. I don't want to spend anymore than £100 but for perfect dress I would go a touch higher. Any ideas where I should be looking?

Nanasueathome Sun 11-Feb-18 08:29:06

Have a look at Monsoon

Lifeofpies Sun 11-Feb-18 08:31:36

Oasis do a lot of dresses with sleeves,though they all tend to be a certain length and style, which doesn’t suit everyone.
I think the phase eight also do a lot.

lemonsquisher Sun 11-Feb-18 08:32:35

Have you tried Reiss? Usually a bit over your budget (dresses start from £150) but they have a very good outlet, either online or in store if you’re anywhere near biscester village or gunwharf quays.

Oogle Sun 11-Feb-18 08:34:00

Coast have a good selection of dresses in their sale.
Phase eight also a good option.

Greenteandchives Sun 11-Feb-18 08:34:48

Go to John Lewis or House of Fraser with a personal shopper appointment. Lots of concessions in store, and someone else will pick clothes to your requirements while you sit in a nice room. Take a friend.

Kintan Sun 11-Feb-18 08:40:29

Coast and Monsoon are my go to shops for nice dresses. Both shops have really decent sales too.

sportyfool Sun 11-Feb-18 08:48:48

Coast , monsoon , oasis , warehouse ... wait a bit though as the spring stuff will come through a bit later .

As above go to a department store as they will have all the concessions in one place save traipsing around .

Also if you have a next account they have loads of 'brands ' so you can order them to your door for free and try lots on without messing about with money .

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 11-Feb-18 15:38:10

Have a look at Phase Eight dresses in John Lewis, or try Coast and Monsoon.

FriendshipBraclet Mon 12-Feb-18 08:24:14

Sorry, forgot to come back after super busy day blush
Thanks for all the suggestions I've booked a train to Edinburgh so will have a good time looking in all.
I think I'm in that age bracket (38) of not wanting to look too young but not too frumpy.

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Mon 12-Feb-18 13:54:16

I always buy occasion dresses on eBay. A lot of people buy a nice dress, only wear it once and sell it once it’s sat in the wardrobe for a year.

Got a beautiful Coast dress for £12 last year. It was immaculate.

French Connection do some lovely dresses too.

Duckies Mon 12-Feb-18 14:09:59

Depending on type of wedding and what you do week to week, you could consider getting something that would double for work, like a really nice shift dress in a flattering colour and quality fabric? I have found it a solution to feeling grown up but not frumpy.

HildaZelda Mon 12-Feb-18 17:02:53

I'm saying Coast too. I've got a few dresses for weddings from there. Have you any ideas in mind OP? Style, colour etc? What size/height are you?

FriendshipBraclet Mon 12-Feb-18 21:50:17

I'm size 12, big boobs smaller waist with big hips and thighs and 5"4
This is what I ordered from ASOS and sent back as it just didn't feel right.
m.asos.com/asos/asos-midi-dress-with-pretty-floral-and-bird-embroidery/prd/9002147?CTARef=Saved%20Items%20Image

Argeles Mon 12-Feb-18 21:56:49

Phase Eight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: