Talk

Advanced search

Is Jo Malone perfume worth the price tag?

(30 Posts)
TitsalinaBumSquash Sun 11-Feb-18 07:30:20

I have a birthday coming up and I have no clue what too ask for from DH, I have always wanted some Jo Malone perfume, I really like some of her more floral scents but I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag compared to some cheaper perfume options, I'm looking for an everyday 'signature' scent ideally.

Nanasueathome Sun 11-Feb-18 07:31:21

I love Jo Malone
Also look at her own shop, Jo Loves

NotAgainYoda Sun 11-Feb-18 07:33:24

I think that it is, even though (the one I wear at least) isn't as long lasting as I'd like. I just love it so much. And if it's a present then all the better!

Maplessglobe Sun 11-Feb-18 09:47:53

Everyone has their own preferences; perfume is so individual. I don’t like it at all; I find it doesn’t last and I’m not a huge fan of the scents themselves. I much prefer Tom ford, l’artisan perfumier or diptyche for staying power and wow factor.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 11-Feb-18 09:54:21

I don't think it us, it doesn't last long enough for me.

Rudgie47 Sun 11-Feb-18 09:57:27

No Theres these www.edenperfumes.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrIfWocyd2QIVirftCh3GmwX1EAAYASAAEgK22vD_BwE. They are not tested on animals, are £18.00 and they do all the high street replicas. Get a few of these instead, you wont be disappointed they last all day.

Theclockstruck2 Sun 11-Feb-18 12:52:50

There’s only a few Jo Malone scents that have any staying power. The two signature ones are worth it I would say. Love Pom noir. And the red roses bath oil is amazing!

TheCatsPaws Sun 11-Feb-18 13:01:55

I think so. I love Jo Malone, other perfumes smell rubbish to me since I’ve tried them.

I like Peony and Blush Suede, and English Pear and fresia.

BluebellGal Sun 11-Feb-18 14:03:40

I know people like Jo Malone, but it is very overpriced for what is essentially cologne with very little perfume oil. The PP dupes are just as good. There are so many great perfumes out there I don’t have time or money to waste on JM!

MotherofTerriers Sun 11-Feb-18 15:34:53

I really like lime basil and mandarin. Its been "my" scent for years. But it doesn't last and I'm lurking on the perfume thread. I'm not convinced it really is worth the money, and I'm working on what to switch to

selfishcrab Sun 11-Feb-18 15:49:55

I love the ones I have and they last, people always comment that I smell good! So I think for me it's worth the money.
I have Peony and Blush Suede, English Pear and fresia and Orange Bitters (which is my favourite).

Forgottenmypassword Sun 11-Feb-18 15:50:22

I love Jo Malone, but the perfume parlour copies last longer!

English pear and freesia and Nectarine Blossom and Honey are my faves.

yikesanotherbooboo Sun 11-Feb-18 16:03:10

Number one, do you love the scent? If you do, be aware that they don't last as well as some others and you will perhaps need to layer with creme or oil.
This will put the price up into the realms of some of the other perfumiers mentioned. Having said that, I have English Oak and Hazelnut layered with English oak and redcurrant crime and it lasts all day, is commented on favourably regularly and gives me pleasure!

MincemeatTart Sun 11-Feb-18 16:04:23

I only ever wear Red Roses. Definitely worth the money in my book.

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Sun 11-Feb-18 16:05:07

I love wood sage and sea salt but it lasts about 10 minutes on me

CointreauVersial Sun 11-Feb-18 16:42:15

It's too feeble for me. Nice enough fragrances, but I can't be doing with the fact that it's gone in two hours.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:31:07

Buy some JM from the perfume parlour. Great price. Read the reviews. They have quite a few but they are not all available though. Pomegranate noir is amazing.

allthegoodusernameshavegone Sun 11-Feb-18 17:32:19

Nope

TealStar Sun 11-Feb-18 17:35:50

Dr Ranj I love wood sage and sea salt too but it has no staying power so I won’t be buying it again.

JennyHolzersGhost Sun 11-Feb-18 17:36:03

Some nice fragrances but it doesn’t last long enough for me.
Try Tom Ford or Diptyque.

VanillaSugar Sun 11-Feb-18 17:38:45

Yes, but only if you go to the shop.and ask for a smelling experience, i.e. be honest - say you're not sure which scent you want and they'll let you try lots. I'm a citrus girl (in my head) but the smelling test led me to the Vanilla scent and I love, love, love it.

VanillaSugar Sun 11-Feb-18 17:39:13

Tom ford is sooooo9 expensive shock

queenofarles Sun 11-Feb-18 17:52:01

I feel as though You are only paying for the packaging, the scents don't last at all, though they do smell nice,
Much prefer fredric Malle ,or guerlian les exclusifs range.

Softkitty2 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:55:22

The scents do not last.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 11-Feb-18 18:20:53

I have two Tom ford perfumes from the perfume parlour. Good dupes of velvet orchid and black orchid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now