Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Do you have an absolutely favourite item of clothing / outfit?

(11 Posts)
MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 10-Feb-18 22:39:24

I’m looking for inspiration... all my clothes are a variation of the same thing!

Blondielongie Sat 10-Feb-18 22:43:45

Black skinny jeans, dms, black top or grey jumper, scarf and smart grey coat and I feel amazing. The one outfit I always feel amazing in. smile I love grey and black though!!

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 10-Feb-18 22:54:16

I love grey and black too... it’s like my life uniform!

bluesouper Sat 10-Feb-18 23:16:06

I have a long, dove grey cashmere coat. It's beautiful and so soft. Cost a fortune but it will be in my wardrobe forever. I always get comments on it which is bizarre as it's rather plain looking, not striking but I can throw it over any old outfit and instantly feel better

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 10-Feb-18 23:18:55

Tbh most of my stuff also variations on the same theme

Favourites include:
black biker jacket
black pixie boots
grey cashmere snood
Hush tube skirts
Hush camo jacket
an ancient black pleated skirt that always gets nice comments

Floisme Sun 11-Feb-18 10:41:47

I have a habit of getting really into a look, wearing it to death and then getting bored. At the moment my favourite is:
Slouchy trousers, pref that high waisted masculine cut that bypasses your arse
Deep V-neck jumper
Brogues
Harris tweed overcoat
Stripey scarf (specifically: JW Anderson for Uniqlo last autumn)
Cross body bag.

When the weather gets a bit milder I'll switch to ankle length trews, swop the jumper for a silk shirt, the tweed coat for a men's raincoat and ditch the scarf.

Before that I wore mostly tube skirts or ruched dresses with ankle boots.

skippy67 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:57:32

My favourite item of clothing at the moment is my All Saints Bales biker jacket. It goes with everything and I feel great wearing it.

Elledorado Sun 11-Feb-18 11:11:12

A pair of coated skinnies that I always get compliments on. And a cotton knit (navy and white) with 10% cashmere and bracelet length sleeves.

PNGirl Sun 11-Feb-18 16:09:14

Snap on the Bales biker jacket, which I've had over 2 years now. I have a few pairs of lace-up ankle boots which I always feel amazing in. I'm dreading summer - I hate summer clothes.

MincemeatTart Sun 11-Feb-18 16:15:29

Muck boots. Warm, waterproof, comfortable, good grip. Brilliant for walking the dog in this weather.
Velvet Boden coats (grey and blue) so versatile.
A nice pair of R&B ankle boots that go with everything.

rightknockered Sun 11-Feb-18 17:33:20

My Allsaints biker jackets, have three of them, one with faux fur lining which is toasty warm in the cold.
My Nike Air max 97's and 95's
Levis jeans
Allsaints Grace jeans
An old Nike Hoodie that I've had for years

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: