Talk

Advanced search

Lush deodorant bars

(4 Posts)
CurlyRover Sat 10-Feb-18 17:45:18

Has anyone used these and are they any good?

I've been trying to get away from traditional deodorants as I know there are health concerns over them, in particular the aluminium chloride in them. Went to Lush today to try their shampoo bar and spotted their deodorant bars.

I picked one up but it would be good to get others experiences of it. Does anyone know if they're any better than traditional deodorants from a health perspective?

arousingcheer Sat 10-Feb-18 18:38:37

I used to use them years ago and was especially fond of the patchouli one (I liked it and found it effective) but dp doesn't love patchouli so I gave it up for the Aesop spray.

I don't know if the ingredients are safer as such. A lot of people have a reaction to the baking soda that's in many so-called natural deodorants. The most effective deodorant I've ever used (the homemade one the pops up all over the internet) was great for a while with no issues whatsover until one day it made my armpits peel and burn.

goose1964 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:54:52

Must've aware that deodorant doesn't necessarily stop you sweating, it just means it kills the bacteria that make the smell.

WyrdSisterWeatherwax Sun 11-Feb-18 21:30:01

I've been using their Aromaco bar for over 15 years and I absolutely love it. I've not touched regular deodorant since I swapped and it works amazingly well for me even in 40+ degree heat and humidity in Australia last year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now