Talk

Advanced search

Naive question about nail bars

(7 Posts)
squashyhat Sat 10-Feb-18 15:42:49

I have never been in a nail bar. Do they do toenails? As in cut/file and apply polish?

coalwife Sat 10-Feb-18 15:46:12

Our local nail bar does everything from full pedicure to file and paid t.

SoFancy Sat 10-Feb-18 15:48:35

Most will do what you want within reason.

For feet, most will offer a full pedicure where they soak feet, file off hard skin, cut and file toenails and apply polish. But if you just want a nail trim and polish change, most will accommodate that, too, I find.

I prefer the walk-in places to the proper beauty salons, to be honest. They are quicker and more efficient in my experience <and before anyone starts about Vietnamese workers being exploited, my local shop is run by a lovely young Vietnamese couple and staffed by their siblings and Mum>

squashyhat Sat 10-Feb-18 16:35:58

Thanks. My toenails (especially on the big toes) are like hooves and I find them very difficult to cut properly. And when I apply polish more goes on the toes themselves than the nails! I may pay my local one a visit next week.

Loonoon Sat 10-Feb-18 17:18:07

I always have a tonailmshape and polish rather than a full pedi as I find pedicures too tickly. And I agree with SoFancy, you normally get a better service from a dedicated nail bar than a general beauty salon but avoid ones full of women who don't speak much English. Ask around locally to find somewhere where you can be sure the staff are being payed a fair wage.

legolammb Sat 10-Feb-18 18:05:50

Can I hijack as another novice to this and ask if it's ok to bring your own polish for a pedicure? I need to get my toes done for an upcoming holiday but am getting angst about it! I have a polish which is the perfect red and want to top it up on a 2 week holiday

Aridane Sat 10-Feb-18 18:16:36

I’m sure that will be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now