Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Slim leg jeans

(14 Posts)
OldJoseph Sat 10-Feb-18 15:06:57

I don't suit skinnies (tried a pair on last weekend and I've not changed my mind). My favourite pair of slim leg jeans are from Jaeger Outlet, on offer so were super cheap.
Ideally I'd like a high % cotton, a slim leg rather than straight, a dark blue and /or black and a mid to high waist. I tried on skinnies with a high waist and they were very comfy BUT my legs didn't look good. I suppose a not very skinny, skinny pair might work
There arn't loads of slim legged jeans but any I see have been over-dyed, distressed or don't have much cotton in them. Uniqlo looked promising but the leg length is far too long.
Any ideas please?

misscph1973 Sat 10-Feb-18 15:15:53

Same problem here. I did get the Uniqlo jeans last year, they are good, but a bit long (I lost some weight and now tey are too loose - I went from a size 12 to a size 10). Currently I have a pair of Zalando Essentials slim fit jeans (dark blue), they are really good, high cotton % and not too tight. And cheap! The waist is mid height (lower than Uniqlo). Not sure they would match your Jaeger, very jealous!

OldJoseph Sat 10-Feb-18 15:24:10

Zalando worth a look then, yes Jaeger are lovely but starting to look a bit tired.

SuperSange Sat 10-Feb-18 15:27:48

I can't do skinnies either and get my slim legs from next, Tesco or Sainsbury's.

OldJoseph Sat 10-Feb-18 15:35:13

I tried Next, Tesco and Sainsbury's but none tick all the boxes (straight rather than slim, poor cotton content or something else).
Glad I'm not the only non-skinny wearer.

Gincision Sat 10-Feb-18 15:37:20

I've just bought a couple of pairs of slim leg jeans from m and s, no idea about cotton content but they are super comfortable and mid waist.

Floisme Sat 10-Feb-18 15:37:57

If the only thing not right about the Uniqlo ones is the length, I'd buy and get them shortened. I think they even offer their own altering service, although I'm not sure how it works.

OldJoseph Sat 10-Feb-18 15:41:28

Thanks Flo...I've not tried the Uniqlo ones, they just seem to be almost perfect. I find I haven't missed the perfect pair I think I might do that.

JessyJames Sat 10-Feb-18 15:44:26

Have a look at Land's End.
I have a really good pair of indigo very straight jeans from them. Great quality and keep their shape.

OldJoseph Sat 10-Feb-18 16:48:31

Actually on a second look the slim Uniqlo ones don't have a high cotton content, I think their cigarette ones do though...they don't look too skinny to me, might try them.

GetOffTheTableMabel Sat 10-Feb-18 16:52:09

Not Your Daughter’s Jeans have some great high-ish waisted, slim leg styles. So comfortable.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 10-Feb-18 16:55:45

M&S Autograph jeans generally work on me - I find myself going back to them even after trying on dozens of pairs (even more £££ ones) elsewhere.

MeetieVonWrinkleSqueak Sat 10-Feb-18 17:00:15

I tried on the uniqlo cigarette jeans last week, and really liked them. They weren’t really skinny.

OldJoseph Wed 14-Feb-18 20:29:15

Am keeping the Uniqlo Cigarette jeans. Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: