Talk

Advanced search

Jo malone perfumes

(38 Posts)
neveradullmoment99 Sat 10-Feb-18 12:18:03

Have pomegranate noir from the perfume parlour and it smells so like the original. My question is, what other Jo Malone perfumes are good? I am not fussed for overly sweet of fruity smells. Like musky smells best and really love pomegranate noir because it is so original. Thanks!

WellTidy Sat 10-Feb-18 12:28:30

Red roses is gorgeous.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 10-Feb-18 12:31:04

Thanks for your reply. Does it smell strongly of roses? Or has it other notes?

LunaTheCat Sat 10-Feb-18 16:23:20

Just tried anew one - blackcurrant and something... beautiful. I also like wood sage and sea salt. They all need to be layered.
I was given samples of 2 above when I caught body cream.
Usually I wear lime basil and manadarin body lotion with French Lime Blossom cologne.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 10-Feb-18 16:33:23

I wear wood sage and sea salt. I like deeper, woody scents rather than flowery ones. I like it and get complemented on it a lot.

TacoFlavouredKisses Sat 10-Feb-18 16:36:52

Another Wood Sage & Sea Salt fan here. Also love Dark Amber & Ginger Lily.

MrsFrTedCrilly Sat 10-Feb-18 16:38:39

Basil and neroli on its own or combined with wood sage and sea salt

DramaAlpaca Sat 10-Feb-18 16:41:20

Wood sage & sea salt for me too. It's gorgeous.

I'm not a fan of pomegranate noir, it's a bit heavy for me.

GoatPavlova Sat 10-Feb-18 16:47:47

I only ever wear Red Roses and get many compliments on how I smell. Smells of Floribundas in the rain.

foodiefil Sat 10-Feb-18 16:51:45

Peony blush & suede

Basil & neroli

SummerRoberts Sat 10-Feb-18 16:52:19

I'm a big fan of peony and blush suede.

RoxanneMonke Sat 10-Feb-18 17:09:32

Sorry to hijack but does the wood sage & seasalt scent last? I love the smell but I’ve been put off buying it due to some reviews that say it has poor staying power.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 10-Feb-18 17:16:39

Oh so many. Thanks smile

CallYourDadYoureInACult Sat 10-Feb-18 17:19:48

Wood sage and sea sAlt has terrible
Staying power on me. I have to use the body lotion as well and it’s still not great.

A shame because it is lovely

CourtneyLoveIsMySpiritAnimal Sat 10-Feb-18 17:24:28

Sorry to hijack but does the wood sage & seasalt scent last?

Not at all. It's my absolute favourite though. In fact, I'd say the Perfume Parlour dupe has better staying power than the Jo Malone one (but not by much).

Primark have also brought out a range of JM dupes as well. Think it's £8 for the perfume (maybe 50ml) and £4 for handwashes (although they aren't brilliant).

RoxanneMonke Sat 10-Feb-18 17:33:36

Thanks for that. I might try the Primark instead then.

fishonabicycle Sat 10-Feb-18 17:40:21

I've just got a couple of Jo Malone files from perfume Parlour. Blackberry and bay and nectarine and honey (I think). Their staying power us easily as good as Jo Malone (no staying power on me at all). Weird so many of you like the Sea Salt one ... It smelt like a dodgy estate agents aftershave on me!

HeelsHurt Sat 10-Feb-18 17:44:02

I have English Oak and Redcurrent, it’s lovely but not that much staying power and I like Chanel type staying power.

luckylavender Sat 10-Feb-18 17:46:25

I love Grapefruit too

neveradullmoment99 Sat 10-Feb-18 18:09:44

Ordered a few dupes from the perfume parlour - blackberry and bay Black pepper, Tom ford dupe of Arabian wood and jimmy choo stars as you just cant find it anymore and I am dying to try it. All for £20!!!

neveradullmoment99 Sat 10-Feb-18 18:11:05

Or should say arab wood for women.

millymae Sat 10-Feb-18 18:21:06

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Mimosa and Cardamon, which I love.
Red Roses was not for me at all - it gave me a headache and made me feel sickly, so much so that I returned it for a refund which was willingly given.

Rumpledfaceskin Sat 10-Feb-18 18:24:40

Love Pom and my next favourite is English pear and Freesia, then necatrine and honey. Those three layer really well with each other too (as in any combination of 2 of those, all three at same time is a bit much).

snapple21 Sat 10-Feb-18 18:27:05

I love mimosa and cardamom, my husband bought it for me to wear on our wedding g day. Such happy memories associated with it now!

frostedfields Sat 10-Feb-18 18:37:39

Wood Sage & Sea Salt layered under Peony & Blush Suede is beyond amazing! I love them both separately too.

I wore the two layered together on my wedding day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now