Talk

Advanced search

Yardley perfume

(12 Posts)
wiziliz Sat 10-Feb-18 12:12:55

If you are in your early 30s would you use Yardley perfume? Or is it for granny's..??

SoFancy Sat 10-Feb-18 12:14:32

Yardley Jade is lovely.

Is it for a gift or for yourself?

Sometimes the so-called 'old lady' perfuse are the best ones!

Kikashi Sat 10-Feb-18 13:41:46

Yardley English Bluebell is very nice - I was very surprised!

mrsreynolds Sat 10-Feb-18 13:49:20

Yardley jade is exactly the same as chanel cristalle

KellyMarieTunstall2 Sun 11-Feb-18 11:29:34

I have the bluebell body spray in my handbag, and violets in my downstairs loo. I use them as my everyday perfume. Quite happy to smell like an old ladysmile

Butterfly1975 Sun 11-Feb-18 13:46:27

Yy Jade is gorgeous! One of my go-to perfumes for spring. I also like Polaire which is a gentle floral chypre scent. There's usually an offer of some kind on in Boots. Picked up my last bottle of Jade for a fiver!

BluebellGal Sun 11-Feb-18 14:06:07

I like Yardleys and don’t think they are old lady at all! They excel in what are called soliflores

BluebellGal Sun 11-Feb-18 14:08:41

^ soliflores are perfumes based on one central floral note. If you want to learn about which flowers you like the smell of they are great. I have Violets, Rose, freesia, lily of the valley and lavender- enjoy them all and they are great for layering

wiziliz Mon 12-Feb-18 14:56:28

Thanks everyone for the replies.smile

HildaZelda Mon 12-Feb-18 17:00:24

I'm in my late thirties and I wouldn't use it because I think it's a bit Granny, but then I don't like floral scents anyway which most of Yardley seems to be. I think Chanel No 5 is a Granny perfume too if I'm honest, but it doesn't matter what I think, if YOU like OP, then wear it. Chances are you probably wouldn't like any of the perfumes I wear (strong, spicy or fruity) because we all have different tastes smile

CanIBuffalo Mon 12-Feb-18 17:04:43

If you wear Tweed, I'll follow you down the street sniffing and sighing and smiling at the lovely memories.

Best stick with the florals grin

PerfumeIsAMessage Mon 12-Feb-18 17:56:54

Funny isn't it.

Jo Malone asks you £50 and gives you a soliflore in a fancy schmancy black and white box and everyone kills to say it's their favourite.

Good old Yardley offer the same thing, (but longer lasting wink) and everyone turns their noses up because it's what Granny wore.

Marketing is truly the opium (see what I did there...) of the masses.

Jade is an amazing perfume and I prefer it to Cristalle because it's sharper. Their new ranges (including Ink etc) are also very nice.

The soliflores are beautifully made and great for layering or for comfort scents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now