Talk

Advanced search

Foundation for yellow undertone and oily skin

(17 Posts)
beastgirl Sat 10-Feb-18 10:24:04

Can you help me, please? I've tried many foundations but they are usually too pink or slide away too quickly...or break up and just make my face look...dirty! I have light skin with yellow undertones and very oily t zone. Thank you!

Callamia Sat 10-Feb-18 10:26:31

My skin has been similar, and I like Laura Mercier. I’ve been wearing the mineral powder in natural beige (I think) for ages, and it’s a really good match .

uncoolnn Sat 10-Feb-18 10:32:25

I like the Revlon colourstay for combination/oily skin, I also have quite a yellow undertone and find it's a really good colour match and it stays all day on my oily skin.

beastgirl Sat 10-Feb-18 10:35:23

@uncoolnn which shade do you use?

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Sat 10-Feb-18 10:41:34

NARS Sheer Glow. Very yellow shades, comes in a wide shade range including very light colours and despite the name, it is quite matte and high coverage. I’m normal/dehydrated and can’t wear it.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Sat 10-Feb-18 10:44:31

Not high coverage like double wear, probably more medium to high.

HeyMacWey Sat 10-Feb-18 10:46:15

Bourjois are good for yellow tones. I've liked the cc cream and the healthy mix foundation - not the serum version though.

As is bobbi brown. I used to use the foundation stick. I don't rate their new long wear foundation though - it's supposed to be good for oily skin but it feels dewy on mine.

userofthiswebsite Sat 10-Feb-18 12:07:54

Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia is very light and yellow toned. But on me at least, it does not stay in place, breaking by about 4pm, and it transfers super easily.

Too Faced Born This Way in Swan is worth a look - bit darker than Siberia but stays in place more. Medium coverage.

I'm super pale, neutral toned and have tried loads of foundations recently to try and find 'the one'. ELDW is the best foundation in my opinion but the palest shades 1N0 and 1CO just don't go pale enough for me.

twoplytwoply Sat 10-Feb-18 12:09:04

The ordinary, cover fx, smashbox, NYX, mac all have a good range of yellow undertoned foundations. I've got yellow undertones and I'm noticing a lot of the high street brands tend to be on the neutral side, which will look slightly odd and pinkish on you, not as odd as an actual pink undertone though!

I've found The Ordinary "Y" foundation to have the best most natural yellow undertone I've found. I wear 2.1Y but there are lots of light shades. And it's only £6!

uncoolnn Sat 10-Feb-18 12:23:52

@beastgirl I'm not at home to check but I'm 99% sure it's 'Buff'. It's the second from lightest shade they do smile

BeauMirchoff Sat 10-Feb-18 14:24:34

@DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv what do you use to apply it? I tried it a few years ago but it just looked streaky (applied with a brush)

Ellapaella Sat 10-Feb-18 14:41:46

I have yellow undertones - I double wear I am Rattan in the winter and Tawny with a bit of a tan. In Mac Studio wear I am NC25. Can't really comment on oily skin as mine is fairly normal but bourgeois and L'Oréal also do several shades of foundation for yellow undertones.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Sat 10-Feb-18 16:16:12

I think SHeer Glow is best applied with clean fingers, it benefits from the body heat. I don’t use it, it doesn’t work on my skin, no matter whether I use fingers, brush or sponge. I tried it because I thought it would be sheer and dewy, like the name suggests. Not so much. The colours were good though. I’ve seen reviews from oily skinned folks and they’ve been pretty positive.

OlennasWimple Sat 10-Feb-18 20:12:32

Bourgeois do some great products. My current favourite, though, is Maybelline Fit Me stick foundation. It is really easy to blend and the core is anti-shine powder, so it lasts much much longer on my T zone than other foundations I've tried

I'm using Buff Beige 130 - I'm pale but with a tan, so that might not be the right shade for you

Aquarius26 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:09:20

Have you tried bourjoise healthy mix foundation, they have mostly yellow undertones in all of their foundation ranges. I have combination skin oily that gets both oily and dry and I find the healthy mix foundation doesn’t break up or slide off my skin personally, and the coverage is light medium for the amount I apply but can be built up.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sat 10-Feb-18 21:24:05

Bobbi Brown are good for yellow toned shades.

They also have quite a few different formulations.

Unicorn81 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:31:31

www.qvcuk.com/Tarte-Amazonian-Clay-Full-Coverage-Foundation-with-Brush.product.205118.html?sc=NAVLIST

This in fair sand is yellow rather than pink, full coverage but matte lasts all day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now