Talk

Advanced search

Stay put makeup- esp blusher

(11 Posts)
Maplessglobe Sat 10-Feb-18 09:53:53

Hello
I have what I think is a good morning beauty regime. In a few mins on a work day I can have on primer, tinted SPF, blusher, tiny bit of bronzer, powder, mascara, nude lipstick.

Usually if I’m not working, I’m doing everything in a rush (I go to work super early and miss the morning rush with the kids). On the days I work, and use primer and power, things stay put relatively well.

On the days I don’t work, it’s usually tinted SPF and blusher and not much else. Often only SPF especially in the summer. The blusher makes the biggest difference to how I look in the colder months, but I can never find anything that stays. Tbh I’m pretty low maintenance and don’t really want to wear primer/powder every day. Is it too much to expect makeup to stay put (given up on lipstick and just reapply)? I have pretty normal skin, a slightly oily t zone but normal cheeks. I don’t rub my face.

Any recommendations?

namechangedtoday15 Sat 10-Feb-18 10:00:18

Benefit (cheek & lip tint). Benetint

emsyj37 Sat 10-Feb-18 10:00:44

A liquid blush - try Daniel Sandler Watercolour blush. I use a Real Techniques foundation brush to apply. Finish with a sweep of powder blush to set if you like.

Maplessglobe Sat 10-Feb-18 10:23:47

Thanks. I’ve tried benetint (and the other one... poise tint??) but it didn’t really suit my olive skin. I’ve not heard of Daniel sandler, where can you buy?

emsyj37 Sat 10-Feb-18 10:31:46

Cult Beauty or some shades are on Amazon. What colours do you normally wear - peachy tones?

emsyj37 Sat 10-Feb-18 10:33:43

Full colour range on his own website here

Maplessglobe Sat 10-Feb-18 11:08:29

Ah ok, is there anyone I can try it in person do you know?

HildaZelda Sat 10-Feb-18 11:11:31

I can't get on with powder blusher at all. I always look like Aunt Sally on a particularly bad day. I've started using this one recently and find it quite good. It comes in about 5 different shades, and for that price you really can't go wrong.

www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/Blusher/MUA-Blush-Perfection-Escapade/p/727647

emsyj37 Sat 10-Feb-18 12:22:19

I don't know sorry. I use it to do wedding makeup so I just have a range of different shades and mix them. For olive skin I would buy Passion or Flush or both and mix them.

mistermagpie Sat 10-Feb-18 12:26:07

My blusher never budges at all. I use a Mac one, think it's called scarlet, and looks scary red in the pan but goes on sheer. I pretty much never touch my face when I have makeup on though and everything stays put - the people I know who complain that their makeup rubs off are often those who are touching or rubbing their faces constantly. Not saying you do that, but it's worth trying not to!

Maplessglobe Sat 10-Feb-18 18:39:47

Thanks all. hilda, does it stay put? I’ve tried a cream blush in the past with no luck.
emsy thanks. I normally go for pinky-brown like BB tawny.
mister I’ll try mac. As I mentioned I really never touch my face!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: