Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How hard is growing out an inverted bob?

(15 Posts)
Luckycatsplat Fri 09-Feb-18 20:46:42

OK, not hard but how much of a pain is it?

I'm growing out a pixi. I want long hair again. My shortest layers are now about chin length. I've not had it cut in a long time and it's a bit mushroomy.

I'm thinking an inverted bob might be an OK growing style?

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Fri 09-Feb-18 21:07:58

I can't answer your question but I read your thread title and saw boob instead of bob.
Made me laugh, anyway!

As you were...

mirren3 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:22:52

It's fine, with an inverted Bob you can still do things with it IYKWIM. I'm growing mine out just now and find it easier than other styles I've had when I'm (yet again) growing my hair.

BlueEyedWonder Fri 09-Feb-18 23:31:21

I’m 12 months into growing out a super short pixie. I’m off to the hairdresser tomorrow and plan to get an inverted bob style while I continue to grow it (until I get bored and chop it all off again)

calmandbright Fri 09-Feb-18 23:40:24

I saw ‘boob’ too! I need to go to bed I think grin

HildaZelda Sat 10-Feb-18 11:14:14

I'm 6 months today into growing out a pixie. Will this pain never end?! sad

Mulberrysilk Sat 10-Feb-18 11:16:48

Growing it an inverted bob was harder than I expected. Having said that, it's all relative. It's probably nothing compared to growing out a pixie.

Luckycatsplat Sat 10-Feb-18 11:52:03

Hilda, clips, clips and more clips!

HildaZelda Sat 10-Feb-18 12:28:01

@Luckycatsplat, in abundance!

enjoyingscience Sat 10-Feb-18 14:06:03

It took absolutely ages to grow out mine, so even though I liked the style I don’t think I’d go there again.

Iamnotacerealkiller Sat 10-Feb-18 14:17:47

My last hair cut was a inverted bob. It's now just past my shoulders and it looks really good. May depend on hair type. Mine is thick and naturally very streight (dint even need to brush it blush. At this length it has good texture as it isn't being pulled down by the quantity of hair abd isn't sticking up from being too short.

SoupDragon Sat 10-Feb-18 14:24:22

I’ve just grown out an inverted bob and it was easy. Nothing like growing out a pixie cut! Mine just got longer and my hairdresser gradually reshaped it.

99bluebuttons Sat 10-Feb-18 18:09:51

Sorry to hijack thread but I’m debating growing out a pixie. It’s 8 weeks since it was cut so heavy now and just hitting top of my ears. Is an inverted bob the way to go? My hairdresser has said hair suits me best off my face so maybe growing it a bit longer is a bad idea but am sick of it being so short now. Any suggestions?

Luckycatsplat Sat 10-Feb-18 18:15:18

Hairdressers today. Apparently I have some random short bits by my ears which mean an inverted bob won't work at the moment.

So just had a good trim to get rid of the mushroom mullet. It's a bit bowl cut now instead! Ah, the fun of grow outs!

99, sounds like you are at that stage where it's too long to be short but too short to do anything with. You could try gelling it up and the like.

99bluebuttons Sat 10-Feb-18 19:03:18

Yes, that’s exactly where I am! Will have to decide whether or not to weather the storm of growing it out!

Am sure yours is lovely!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: