Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Skin Tightening / Toning Treatments during weight loss

(4 Posts)
WrenDouglas Fri 09-Feb-18 16:54:15

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can recommend skin toning/ tightening treatments that are good to do while trying to lose weight. I'm not looking for a miracle cure or a substitute for diet and exercise, but ideas of anything that I can do alongside to minimise sagging skin.
My skin is currently in pretty good nick (I suppose because there's no shortage of fat plumping it up!) but I'm on a mission to lose a decent amount of weight and I'm a bit worried about having lots of sagging skin by the end of it.

Tips I've seen so far are to lose weight slowly and to do weight training, both fit in with my plans. When I google skin treatments I get things like cryolipolysis or contour wraps, all promising inch loss. I'm not sure if these are the right treatments for me, I'm looking for something that would hopefully help my skin adapt to the gradual weight loss, rather than a "quick fix" treatment.

Any recommendations for body lotions I can use at home would be fab too!

specialsubject Fri 09-Feb-18 17:18:21

None of the potions or unicorn skin wraps will work - all lies. No such thing as firming or toning cream or no one would have wrinkles.

Take it slow ( crash dieters always end up fatter) and dont worry.

rightknockered Fri 09-Feb-18 19:53:53

make sure you eat plenty of good fats, keep yourself hydrated and use olive oil to moisturise your skin and keep it supple. Apart from that, time will tell.

Lotsofsausage Sun 11-Feb-18 22:02:32

firming creams and treatments do not work. Keep hydrated, lose weight slowly (no more than 1lb a week) and toning exercise to avoid loose skin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: