Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How can I stop my blowdry getting squashed?

(9 Posts)
MamehaSan Fri 09-Feb-18 11:43:47

Help! Hair is very fine, and cut into a long inverted bob. I blowdry it and use my BBH to get some body into it and to shape the ends under a bit. It looks ok... until I go to bed. In the morning it is plastered to my head, sticks out at the bottom (as it is pressed into the curve of my neck while I'm sleeping), and generally looks a complete mess. I'm mystified by people who get a blowdry to last all week. How?!? Do they have wire hair? Sleep sitting up?

Is there some miracle product or technique I need?

Dontfuckingsaycheese Fri 09-Feb-18 11:50:44

Hair net 😉 me and my sister used to wear them when mum wouldn't let us wash our hair every day. They work. Honest.

MamehaSan Fri 09-Feb-18 12:05:24

Well I did not expect that answer! How would it work? I mean, my hair is collar bone length at the front, if I twiddle it up so that it fits in a net, won't it just get squashed into a, er, twiddled shape?

AnaViaSalamanca Fri 09-Feb-18 13:22:30

You can try putting some volume spray, bend so that your head is upside down and run your finger through it, then a 2 minute blowdry.

Also do a bit of cold blast blowdry at the end when you are done with your drying, it helps the hair go less limp

Couchiecoo Fri 09-Feb-18 17:25:01

Try using hair powder and bit of spray works for me 🙂
My hairdresser recommended this, best thing I ever done as now I only have 2 wash my hair once a week can even get away with longer, never looks greasy. My hair is also fine however this gives it lift 😀

MamehaSan Fri 09-Feb-18 19:27:24

Thanks for the extra tips. What's hair powder, @Couchiecoo ? I've never heard of that before.

fireflame Fri 09-Feb-18 19:38:02

Sorry have changed my name lol
The make is got2b hair powder (can get from most stores) and you only need a tiny bit on the roots
I also use the got2b hairspray I think it's bloody brilliant!

MrsFogi Fri 09-Feb-18 20:12:26

Backcombing! My hairdresser does amazing layers of (invisible) backcombing and makes my thing hair look like the hair equivalent of 80s shoulder pads and it lasts a week if I can bear not to wash it for that long.

Dontfuckingsaycheese Sat 10-Feb-18 00:06:43

You just, sort of, pop it on! Give it a go 😉

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: