Talk

Advanced search

Is this the next make-up trend?

(22 Posts)
ZaZathecat Fri 09-Feb-18 10:47:53

There's a lot of it on Pinterest and I've seen the odd poster advert. Are we going to do this? (I won't, but I don't do HD brows, false eyelashes etc.)

neveradullmoment99 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:59:08

Absolutely horrible. No idea if it is a trend but it doesn't look nice.

thedevilinablackdress Fri 09-Feb-18 16:01:09

Wouldn't have thought so, just an eye catching advert.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 09-Feb-18 19:31:33

I've seen a load of adverts and articles with glitter on lips and eyes . Not for me , would be hellish if it got in my eyes --and it basically looks a bit shite

Queenofthedrivensnow Fri 09-Feb-18 19:33:40

Massive glitter is a thing you can buy kits now

EnidButton Fri 09-Feb-18 19:43:10

No, just an advert or a pic for Instagram.

That said you can get glitter lip kits. beautyblvd.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlarRrMuZ2QIV4ZPtCh1JMwQBEAAYASAAEgKC6vD_BwE

When I was a teenager I'm the 90's we sprayed glitter spray in our hair, stuck gemstones on our faces and wore sparkly tights. If glitter lip kits had been around then we'd have been all over them.

JenniferYellowHat1980 Fri 09-Feb-18 19:45:40

It'd come off on your glass and look all patchy. 'Tis shit. Also considering the supposed historical connotations of lipstick ... ouch!

EnidButton Fri 09-Feb-18 19:54:09

would be hellish if it got in my eyes

Have you ever seen that awful reddit/imgur post by a poor woman who got glitter in her eye? 😱

It's in the first edit link of the opening post of this thread www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/3x9rt5/psareminder_to_never_use_craft_glitter_around/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_header

WARNING ⚠️ They are not messing around when they say the photos are VERY graphic and not for the squeamish. They're horrific.

SheelaNaGiggle Fri 09-Feb-18 20:26:08

Of course not. It's just a bit of theatricality. And very eye catching it is too.

Notthesoap Fri 09-Feb-18 21:20:27

Didn't Jessie J do this 'look' years ago? hmm

Notthesoap Fri 09-Feb-18 21:20:53

And it looked terrifying.

idontlikealdi Fri 09-Feb-18 21:21:13

How would you drink or eat? I have priorities.

athingthateveryoneneeds Fri 09-Feb-18 21:30:28

That poor woman. Full on ban on glitter in my house from now on.

BusterGonad Fri 09-Feb-18 21:35:18

Glitter always does the rounds,and of course that isn't a real lipstick, just an arty picture.

ZaZathecat Fri 09-Feb-18 22:39:15

We'll see. I don't think I would have believed huge geometric brows or g-strings on display would have become Things, but they did!

EnidButton Fri 09-Feb-18 22:44:35

athing Scary isn't it? She was very brave. Hope she's doing well now.

I realised my emoji was highly inappropriate for the link and subject btw. It's too serious for a daft shocked face. Sorry about that, thoughtless.

Summerisdone Fri 09-Feb-18 22:49:47

It definitely seems to becoming a thing. I’ve seen it a lot online by MUAs, not too much in real life but I did see a few girls sparkle up their lips with full on glitter or sequins over the Christmas period.

Dilligaf81 Sat 10-Feb-18 09:54:48

My sis in law has just started a glitter beauty business so it's definitely a thing. I can't see it myself but apparently she is busy (also prone to BSing though so who knows)

MrsPestilence Sat 10-Feb-18 10:22:47

Glitter is micro plastics. Hopefully it will get banned soon.

SoupDragon Sat 10-Feb-18 10:25:27

Clothing made from synthetic fibres shed micro plastics too, right into the water system when you wash them.

SoupDragon Sat 10-Feb-18 10:26:15

The picture in the OP is surely only achievable if you stick each piece of glitter/sequin on separately or as a film?

ZaZathecat Sat 10-Feb-18 10:31:18

OK I admit the giant glitter etc. like on the photo I posted is not likely as it's so impractical, but from what I've seen, lip art is definitely on it's way. Maybe the high streets will be full of Lip Bars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now