Talk

Advanced search

Have long layers/ feathered around the face, had their day?

(8 Posts)
chuffinalong Fri 09-Feb-18 10:20:30

Hi, I've always had this same hair cut since it became popular in my teens. I'm due a hair cut and I'm just wondering weather I should grow out this style and aim for one length. I think it would make it appear thicker. It's got me wondering if this style is dated now?
Thanks

Bodicea Sat 10-Feb-18 09:13:14

I think so especially if you have quite straight hair that shows every graduation/ layer.
I made the mistake a couple of years ago of putting really definite, short layers into my very straight hair and it just looked a mess and really dated. I ended up getting it all lobbed off and growing it into a blunt cut. Literally straight across the bottom. It looked so much more fresh and modern. Now that it’s getting a lot longer ( bra strap length I am not sure if just blunt works as well anymore). It only looks great poker straight and it’s hard to get curls into it if a fact a change. I am toying with the idea of putting some longer layers only in it but scared after my last catastrophe!

SwedishEdith Sat 10-Feb-18 12:23:27

Depends how thick and wavy your hair is. Even if you want it to look one length, you may need some subtle layers to avoid the triangular hair look.

Gah81 Sat 10-Feb-18 12:55:52

I still do this (and probably will for all time) - I have masses of fine, curly, long red hair, a heart-shaped face and love volume so it helps give me some, particularly around my chin.

LucilleBluth Sat 10-Feb-18 14:01:45

It depends, a lob is lovely but longer hair needs layers for movement imo.

Lotsofsausage Sun 11-Feb-18 22:00:10

I'd still have some layers through the mid length to avoid triangle lead, but not around the front if you know what I mean. The 'rachel' is definitely out now smile

Frankiewears Sun 11-Feb-18 22:02:20

Unless you are Anthea Turner...

chuffinalong Thu 15-Feb-18 17:20:15

Thanks everyone. :-) So the long layers without the feathering around the face. My hair is quite long, below bra strap, quite fine, but lots of it and kind of wavy/ unruly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now