Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about perms

(5 Posts)
TitsalinaBumSquash Thu 08-Feb-18 16:28:20

I'm in need of a change in style. My hair I long, dark brown, very thick and straight and boring, I have a boring fringe to cover my fivehead and no matter how I style it, it's boring.

I've always fancied curls, not tight to my head curls but loose ones, is there such a thing is that even a what a perm is?

Basically I don't want to have to curl my hair every day.

Snowydaysarehere Thu 08-Feb-18 16:32:34

Kevin Keegan.

raffle Thu 08-Feb-18 16:40:31

Demi wave. Or I think that’s what we used to call them?

DownHereInTheHorridHouse Thu 08-Feb-18 16:51:50

Oh, I asked my hairdresser about this yesterday! I used to have lovely loose curls, but GHDs have killed them.

She said that nothing has really changed in perms over the years, and that no one knows what they will get until it's done as it all depends on your hair texture etc rather than the perm (if that makes sense). So, she said she would guess that one would take well on me, but that it was actually be about a month until it looked the way I wanted, and then it might only last a couple of weeks. That sounds more bother than it's worth . . .

VeggieforJan Thu 08-Feb-18 17:22:52

I have had friends who curled their hair with tongs, and wanted a more permanent solution, and all regretted it. It just doesn't seem to create the same sort of curl. Might have been bad hairdressing though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now