Talk

Advanced search

Teeth Whitening

(5 Posts)
user1494849703 Thu 08-Feb-18 10:42:25

Hi Folks,

I am an ex smoker and would like to try to get my teeth whitened. My dentist thinks I could get 1-2 shades lighter but I am not sure if that would be worth it? Has anyone had similar results and were they noticeable?

thanks.

pearlkent Thu 08-Feb-18 10:45:06

Watching this with interest as I'd like to do this too. Not a smoker but a big tea, coffee and red wine drinker.
I'm being put off by reports of pain and sensitivity, and permanent damage to the enamel.

Chess77 Thu 08-Feb-18 10:48:41

I am the OP. Finally figured out how to change my name!

I have the same issue Pearl as have lost some enamel but the dentist thought he could minimise the sensitivity and i think that's why he suggested only the 1-2 shades lighter.

A friend had hers done and couldn't cope with the bleach, said it has left her with sensitive teeth but another friend had hers done more recently and loves it and had no problems.

pearlkent Thu 08-Feb-18 10:51:34

Yes that's what I'm concerned about. I'd rather have slightly yellow healthy teeth than white weakened teeth!
I've just bought some charcoal whitening powder from Superdrug but haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it won't work but thought it was worth a try.

Bella912 Thu 08-Feb-18 12:11:02

I swear by the charcoal toothy tabs from lush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now