Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to use serum instead of moisturiser?

(7 Posts)
Clearoutre Thu 08-Feb-18 04:27:32

I ran out of moisturiser one morning and used a serum tester before applying make up instead. It was great - lightly moisturising, not too oily and acted as a great primer (smell was lovely too). Would it be ok to ditch the moisturiser and use serum every morning instead? Only downside I can think of is lack of spf - does anyone know better?

Talisin Thu 08-Feb-18 08:41:04

I recently ditched my moisturiser as serums give me enough hydration. However, I always use an spf on top.

AgentProvocateur Thu 08-Feb-18 08:45:00

I too ran out of moisturiser and have been using just a serum since. SPF isn’t an issue at the moment as I live in Glasgow and haven’t seen the sun for about 8 months sad

Trills Thu 08-Feb-18 08:49:41

If your skin looks and feels good then go for it.

MrsJamin Thu 08-Feb-18 09:42:17

This programme showed that you didn't really benefit from daily moisturiser. Especially if a serum has some active ingredients, you'd be fine to swap. I use Altruist 50 SPF on my face every day, its pretty moisturising and doesn't sit on your skin either.

Clearoutre Wed 14-Feb-18 05:42:28

Cheers for comments & advice - I shall go forth with serum.

dinosaursandtea Wed 14-Feb-18 07:38:40

I normally just use serum unless I’m going to be in a very dry environment like a plane or an office (normally work from home) and I think my skin looks better for it. Slathered on the Boots anti-ageing stuff for this bastarding six hour train journey today, though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now