Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

MAC or bareMinerals?

(11 Posts)
SwimmingInTheBlueLagoon Wed 07-Feb-18 23:04:23

I'm late 20's, haven't really worn makeup before and want that naturally flawless skin with nicely defined cheek bones type look, rather than a made up look. Im going to go to one of the makeup counters and I've narrowed it down to MAC or bareMinerals but cant decide which. MAC would mean a day trip to a city since I dont live near one of their counters (about 1hr30mins each way).

blinkineckmum Wed 07-Feb-18 23:08:18

I love BareMinerals.

RazzleDazz1e Wed 07-Feb-18 23:10:49

I would go for bareM over MAC. I find MAC make-up very heavy and bareM light as a feather in contrast.

The above being said though I wear very little make-up day to day!

SwimmingInTheBlueLagoon Thu 08-Feb-18 10:20:29

Does the bare minerals last well through the day?

BluePony Thu 08-Feb-18 11:34:54

I prefer MAC but I do like a decent coverage.

Nanasueathome Thu 08-Feb-18 11:37:29

Have a look at Bare Minerals on QVC
Really good offers and you have a 30 day money back guarantee too

MarsBarsAreShrinking Thu 08-Feb-18 11:54:45

I would be cautious of the powder foundation from Bare Minerals if you've got dry skin. It looks horrific on me, made my pores look like craters but on my friend with oily skin it looked lovely.

Iworrytoomuchh Thu 08-Feb-18 12:06:24

If you want the flawless skin look go for Mac over bare minerals, for natural flawless skin don’t go for either of the above as Mac is too heavy and bare minerals is too light, Lancôme or YSL might be better. For defined cheekbones you’d want some sort of contour kit or just a bronzer and highlight. Benefit hoola is good for bronzer or as a cheap starting point, revolution does a really good powder contour kit that is only about £8 and hs lots of colours to choose from so you can find which one you like best. I used to use ABH but found revolution much better and a fraction of the price!

BluePony Thu 08-Feb-18 12:08:36

Iworry oh good because I ordered that contour palette yesterday grin

MarsBarsAreShrinking Thu 08-Feb-18 12:23:10

Actually, sorry I know it's not one you've mentioned but can I recommend Fenty, if you can get to a Harvey Nichols? I am hugely impressed with it; definitely one of the best I've ever had.

spugzbunny Thu 08-Feb-18 12:44:13

I can't find a match at MAC which is a shame because I love their eyeshadows and lipsticks.

Bare minerals liquid pro is fantastic! It lasts all day on me.

I thought fenty was terrible when I had a sample. I seem to be the only one though! It was so cakey!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: