Talk

Advanced search

Which Didrikson Parka?

(12 Posts)
2pups Wed 07-Feb-18 21:38:08

I need a new waterproof and warm parka - my North Face Arctic Parka is on it's last legs.

Struggling to find the £££ to replace it. I have found some Didrikson Parkas for a much more affordable price - eg Frida but can't find an English review saying how warm they are.

Would really appreciate any pointers

TIA

RosieLig Wed 07-Feb-18 21:49:23

I’ve got the Thelma and it’s not warm. I wear a Uniqlo down gilet under it in the winter. It’s great in spring and autumn though, just not the depths of winter.

Pinkmexicanskull Wed 07-Feb-18 21:53:44

Totally off topic but how long have you had your NF Artic for? Mine is also dying a death this is the fourth winter I’ve worn it and I feel like it’s lost it’s volume and warmth even though it’s been dry cleaned each winter!

holasoydora Wed 07-Feb-18 21:56:52

I have a Didrikson Rebecca and it is very warm and very waterproof.

2pups Wed 07-Feb-18 22:31:30

@Pinkmexicanskull Mines done 4 years and it's flatter and the black colour has faded - even though I'm really careful to wash it with waterproof stuff and to a bare minimum.

2pups Wed 07-Feb-18 22:32:09

@RosieLig

Thanks!

MeetieVonWrinkleSqueak Wed 07-Feb-18 22:34:25

I have a Didriksons parka - sorry, I can’t remember which one. Maybe something like the Angelica(?) <helpful>

It is very warm.

However, I’m not overly impressed with the quality. It’s only halfway through its second winter, and already it’s looking really worn around the cuffs. In fact, it started to go into tiny looking holes around the cuffs last winter.

The colour (navy) looks a bit faded in places.

Buttons have fallen off, and the faux fur round the hood hasn’t worn too well either - it looks matted and straggly.

And I only wear it 2-3 times a week max in the really cold weather!

I think next time I’d probably pay more and go for a different brand.

NotAPenguin Thu 08-Feb-18 00:12:00

I think I have exactly the same one as MeetieVonWrinkleSqueak! This is its third winter but it hasn't worn well. The cuffs are frayed, the navy blue is faded and a button came off (tho my fur looks fine), really it's looked a mess since the first time I washed it and have probably washed it 3 times in total. It's very warm but for the price I'd have expected it to wear much better.

A friend has the same one in green, maybe doesn't wear it as much as I do but hers is looking a lot smarter. Feel like mine is only really fit for walking the dog.

2pups Thu 08-Feb-18 08:13:08

Thanks @MeetieVonWrinkleSqueak & @NotAPenguin

I really don't want to waste £

(Just economised on a Samsung washer and it's broken down after 5 months)

Guess there are no easy answers

Thanks!

HarperFrannie Thu 08-Feb-18 08:55:50

I have a Didrikson parka & also can't remember which one it is - it's the one with breast pockets as well as hand pockets. But it's very warm - I've worn it for two winters now for daily dog walks, with dogs
jumping up at it and getting it muddy, and it's worn really well. I'd buy another Didrikson.

OCSockOrphanage Thu 08-Feb-18 15:13:33

I bought two in the sales this autumn blush. Thelma is for mild wet weather and another, the same shape but with a padded lining and pockets on the hips only, for cold wet weather. I am pleased with both so far, but can't say much about how well they wear; they are primarily for dog walking.

MsRinky Thu 08-Feb-18 16:05:14

I have an Elsa and I mostly don't wear it because it is just too warm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now