Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hunt for the perfect foundation

(9 Posts)
RustyPaperclips Wed 07-Feb-18 21:25:08

I'm on a hunt for the perfect foundation. I have very pale skin and a lot of pale foundations still look too dark.

I'm looking for a matte foundation with good coverage to hide blemishes.

How do I know if I have pink or yellow toned skin?

If it makes a difference, I have blue eyes and brown hair which turns quite dark in the winter but rather golden in the summer

Paintbox Wed 07-Feb-18 21:27:14

I have pink tones in my skin, the way I discovered this was when I realised that a yellow toned foundation mAde my face look grubby and all wrong. Don’t know if that helps!

ForEverlong Wed 07-Feb-18 21:48:39

Face atelier for me but it’s hard to get. I’m pale and use ivory. It’s buildable coverage and quite pigmented so you don’t need much

RustyPaperclips Wed 07-Feb-18 22:05:20

The make up artist at my wedding used NARS Mont Blanc and it looked very natural. However I am hopefully looking for a slightly cheaper version if possible

60percentofthetime Wed 07-Feb-18 22:12:39

Have you tried No7 foundation? I have pale skin too and always looked orange in foundation but I went into Boots and did their skin colour test and they found me one that suited.

EraArils Wed 07-Feb-18 22:28:13

NARS Mont Blanc has a pink undertone so you could use that information to try cool toned foundations. I have heard good things about the No 7 skin colour test.

OliveBranchColins Wed 07-Feb-18 22:35:15

findation.com
Compares shades across the different brands

RustyPaperclips Wed 07-Feb-18 22:43:23

Thank you all, lots to look up in the morning. I knew I would get good advice here smile

Happymedicatedmama Wed 07-Feb-18 22:54:50

I’ve got really pale skin too and at the moment I’m using collection lasting perfection in porcelain, I got it in Wilkos really cheap, around £4. It’s easy to apply, good coverage, not orange! It has spf and is oil free!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: