Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Benefit Gimme Brow

(20 Posts)
goodbeans Wed 07-Feb-18 19:01:32

Sorry if this has been done already - but what are people using now that this has been discontinued? Is the Benefit 3D BROWtones Eyebrow Enhancer very similar? Or can you recommend something else? Thank you!

JesusTapdancingChrist Wed 07-Feb-18 19:09:01

Glossier Boy Brow is meant to be amazing.

I really want to try it but the shade range is stupidly limited (clear then blonde/brown or black hmm) and there isn't a colour that would work for me.

goodbeans Wed 07-Feb-18 19:33:57

Thanks, yes the Gimme Brow shade 3 was a perfect match for me and the others don't correspond at all confused

TheBitterBoy Wed 07-Feb-18 19:40:53

I use Diego Dalla Palma volumising eyebrow fixer, only three shades but good ones imo. £13 from M&S, only bought it to replace my M&S fibre sculpting brow gel which sold out when Sali Hughes recommended it in the Guardian never to reappear.

Redtartanshoes Wed 07-Feb-18 19:44:55

Bobby Brown do a crayon which is great. £30 but lasts ages

AnthonyJoshuasMrs Wed 07-Feb-18 19:45:26

I got a sample of the benefit precisely my brow pencil and I proper love it. It makes my brows look better than they ever have and super simple to use. The sample has lasted me ages, will def be buying when I run out.

Duckeggloo Wed 07-Feb-18 19:46:49

Wait it’s been discontinued?!

Winterfellismyhome Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:29

The NYX micro brow pencil 😍

gothicsprout Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:50

W7 Queen of Brows - super cheap and is a better colour match for me since they changed the Gimme Brow options.

juddyrockingcloggs Wed 07-Feb-18 19:59:18

Iv tried every eyebrow pencil under the sun! From £2.99 jobbies to ones where I have almost needed a second mortgage and the beet one iv ever tried is soap and glory archery. The one with the pen brush at one end and crayon on the other. It's fantastic.

Duckeggloo Wed 07-Feb-18 20:00:03

I use kiko eye brow gel stuff

Guineapiggiesmalls Wed 07-Feb-18 20:09:46

I only found out Gimme Brow had been discontinued at the weekend, but was reassured by the girls in the Benefit shop on Carnaby Street that it’d be back in May? Something to do with the packaging apparently... I’m being extremely miserly with mine to try and eke it out until then!

Pistachiois50pmore Wed 07-Feb-18 20:17:57

Glossier boy brow is amazing. Never using anything else on my eyebrows again.

cessie322 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:40:16

I've been trying to get shade 3 for ages now (certainly since just after Christmas), they just kept telling me in boots that it was really popular and they couldn't keep it in stock. I had a feeling something was going on. Anyway they rang me yesterday (I had left my number) and said they had one and would hold it for me. I hope it's not going to be discontinued.

Ekphrasis Wed 07-Feb-18 21:42:26

Just bought boy brow. Never used anything in my eyebrows before; I love it!

I'm dark brown hair and the brown shade is good on my eyebrows. Might get the black sometime to mix/ darken a bit but the brown is fine.

cessie322 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:43:03

I've just realised it's the Goof Proof pencil I use, not Gimme Brow blush

ImNotReallyAWaitress Thu 08-Feb-18 01:59:04

Gimmie brow was temporarily discontinued because some people had used it as mascara then complained their eyes were irritated.

It was supposed to come back around January but looks like it might be on it’s way back now as benefit have been shooting brow campaigns recently and had a blogger dinner about brows the other day.

HuskyMcClusky Thu 08-Feb-18 02:28:56

I’ve been using Benefit Ka-Brow instrad, and actually prefer it now.

goodbeans Thu 08-Feb-18 07:43:16

Thanks all. Lots of ideas for products to try! And if nothing hits the mark then it seems that hopefully Gimme Brow will be back this summer

SukiTheDog Thu 08-Feb-18 10:49:25

Try Collection Just Brow. Boots or Superdrug. £4.99. Seriously stays on.... it says “semi-permanent” on the box and it truly IS.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: